1. Fall. I even dreamt about it the other night. The girl and I were in the car and we came across a pumpkin patch and we stopped and picked out our pumpkin. As I was paying for it, I said to the man in charge, "Wow, you guys do Fall early here in Oregon."
2. Back to School time. Normally, I start to feel sort of bittersweet around this time of year. This year, I'm just bitter. I want these kids out of the house.
3. My new winter coat. This is my first winter coat purchase ever. I can't wait for the first cold day. I love it even more because I got a good deal at a pre-season sale and ended up paying half price.
4. The Bite of Oregon. My family has been discussing this almost daily for the last two weeks. We'll be sitting around the dinner table, sadly looking at our boring, everyday food and someone will say something like "I can't wait for The Bite" or "The Bite is going to be so awesome. I'm going to tear that place up." Is it possible to have a food hangover? I guess I'll know on Monday morning.
5. Creme Brulee. (I wonder if I can get some at The Bite?)
6. Hot Tub Time Machine. We watched this on Monday and it was much, much funnier than I expected. Jay and I have been quoting slightly filthy lines from it all week.
7. Season four of 30 Rock comes out on dvd September 21.
8. Daniel Baldwin, brother of my Baldwin, has a home in Lake Oswego, just one town over from me. In fact, I do a lot of my shopping in Lake Oswego. A Baldwin sighting is no longer a far off fantasy anymore people, it could really happen.
9. All week long I've had that sort of smug satisfactory feeling you get when you accomplish a lot of minor tasks and errands. You know, all those small things that always seem to be on the mental to-do list but have yet to reach that I NEED TO DO THIS NOW point. I took the kids to the doctor and got them both up to date on their immunizations. (Um, they were embarrassingly behind. Like, so behind that I would have to home school them if I didn't hurry up and get their shots.) Then a few days later I drove back to the doctor's office to get the immunization records that I neglected to get the first time I was there. I made some curtains for the girl's room and sewed three covers for the throw pillows on my bed. I've begun buying back to school clothes and I have the boy's school supply list so I can even get started on that. And school doesn't even start for another month. For the first time in a long time, I feel ahead of the game. And that feels good.
10. Football season. I'm not a fan of the sport, but the man is. And he is suffering wicked withdrawal. It will all be here soon though. I know this because the coverage has begun and I've heard Brett Favre's name about 100 times in the last three days.
Also thinking of: Um...what will tomorrow's list be about? Any suggestions? If I don't think of something soon I may have to do a sort of compilation post of all the lists I've been toying with all week that never panned out.