Thursday, August 5, 2010

List Four: Ten Random Things I Can't Stop Thinking About

1. Fall. I even dreamt about it the other night. The girl and I were in the car and we came across a pumpkin patch and we stopped and picked out our pumpkin. As I was paying for it, I said to the man in charge, "Wow, you guys do Fall early here in Oregon."

2. Back to School time. Normally, I start to feel sort of bittersweet around this time of year. This year, I'm just bitter. I want these kids out of the house.

3. My new winter coat. This is my first winter coat purchase ever. I can't wait for the first cold day. I love it even more because I got a good deal at a pre-season sale and ended up paying half price.

4. The Bite of Oregon. My family has been discussing this almost daily for the last two weeks. We'll be sitting around the dinner table, sadly looking at our boring, everyday food and someone will say something like "I can't wait for The Bite" or "The Bite is going to be so awesome. I'm going to tear that place up." Is it possible to have a food hangover? I guess I'll know on Monday morning.

5. Creme Brulee. (I wonder if I can get some at The Bite?)

6. Hot Tub Time Machine. We watched this on Monday and it was much, much funnier than I expected. Jay and I have been quoting slightly filthy lines from it all week.

7. Season four of 30 Rock comes out on dvd September 21.

8. Daniel Baldwin, brother of my Baldwin, has a home in Lake Oswego, just one town over from me. In fact, I do a lot of my shopping in Lake Oswego. A Baldwin sighting is no longer a far off fantasy anymore people, it could really happen.

9. All week long I've had that sort of smug satisfactory feeling you get when you accomplish a lot of minor tasks and errands. You know, all those small things that always seem to be on the mental to-do list but have yet to reach that I NEED TO DO THIS NOW point. I took the kids to the doctor and got them both up to date on their immunizations. (Um, they were embarrassingly behind. Like, so behind that I would have to home school them if I didn't hurry up and get their shots.) Then a few days later I drove back to the doctor's office to get the immunization records that I neglected to get the first time I was there. I made some curtains for the girl's room and sewed three covers for the throw pillows on my bed. I've begun buying back to school clothes and I have the boy's school supply list so I can even get started on that. And school doesn't even start for another month. For the first time in a long time, I feel ahead of the game. And that feels good.

10. Football season. I'm not a fan of the sport, but the man is. And he is suffering wicked withdrawal. It will all be here soon though. I know this because the coverage has begun and I've heard Brett Favre's name about 100 times in the last three days.

Also thinking of: Um...what will tomorrow's list be about? Any suggestions? If I don't think of something soon I may have to do a sort of compilation post of all the lists I've been toying with all week that never panned out.

8 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Aren't winter clothes the best to buy? I love winter clothes. Sweaters, coats, scarves and hats. Love love love that time of year. Hey you can get boots too and not fashion only boots.
See? I get way too excited about this stuff.

We were planning to watch #6 this weekend. I have heard GREAT things about it.

What did the man say to you when you stated that Oregon got fall early? just curious or nosey ...tee hee

How about a list your top 10 things you plan to do the first week the kids are back in school and you are ALONE. :-)

Dani said...

I love fall...and would be madly in love with it if we had some sort of fall like weather here in Houston and if I wasn't teaching school. I experience things on a deeper level and my enjoyment is so much greater when I'm not in school. That's really sad, I know. But it is what it is. And I'm currently in back-to-school-depression-mode. So it is what it is.

Love the winter coat. Seriously cute.

I want to go to The Bite!

Oh, football season. How I love thee. And that means basketball season is right around the corner too. It's what gets me through the school year.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's list.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I can't wait for fall--and football. Our summer has been so hot I've been saying that since June.

I love your new winter coat!

What about a book list...favorite books or books at the top of your to-be-read list??

kat said...

Hot Tub Time Machine was filmed in my town! Every single person I know-& my prom dress-was an extra in it. I am pretty sure I was cut from every scene(I still haven't gotten around to seeing it) but it was an "interesting" experience.Do you think I am cool now or what?

daphne said...

You are going to love fall so much! Pagan pumpkin stands!! Woohoo!

Also, seriously cute winter coat. I hope you got some gloves and a scarf too. :)

Terri can't wait for football season too. To me, it means more time to read! :)

hester said...

Hi Tammie....I've just caught up on your last few lists. They make great reading. I love some of your favourite songs from a few posts back. Eg Isn't Sister Goldenhair just a perfect pop song? Creme brulee is right up there too when it comes to dessert.

Glad to hear fall has started in Oregon. Can you post some photos when the leaves change colour. (Don't get that much in Brisbane!)

Lia said...

Love that coat! So, so cute.

I think I would be equally as excited about The Bite. Nothing is better than outdoor food festivals. Nothing.

I wish I was feeling smug about getting things done, but I've hardly finished anything. I did finally arrange my mantel in a way that was FINALLY pleasing me, but then Max broke one of my favorite pieces up there with a stray, flying Hot Wheel. It's really bumming me out way more than it should.

Theresa said...

somehow, I missed this list when you posted it... oh well. Love your new coat! I would wear one if it ever got remotely cool around here. And fall??!! I am dreaming and drooling over Fall. I am so ready for it. However, the last few weeks we've gotten up in the 100's DAILY and someone told me the other day that they don't expect us to get "fall" weather until november. If it's true, I will cry.