Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things I'm Into Right Now

Just a smattering of some of the things I'm loving lately....

*Rainier cherries:Oh, how I love these, but I normally don't buy them because I feel guilty about paying almost seven dollars for fruit. I was so excited when I saw them at the local farmers market for a dollar cheaper than the grocery store. (Isn't it funny that a dollar makes that much of a difference to me?) This whole basket will probably be gone by Monday.

*Yummy summer reading:Such a great stack, I don't know where to begin.

I've also been reading some fun and inspiring artsy zines (both can be bought here):
And of course I can't forget my Out and About book (given to me by Peggy shortly after moving here).We use this on an almost daily basis.
*Hopworks Urban Brewery: Organic beer and food, a sustainable building, and they compost and collect water in rain barrels? Could this restaurant be anymore of a dream for me? Plus, they have some really impressive chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches:
*Robins Egg Blue:The girl and I found the remains of this egg the other day while out on a walk. Can you believe I'd never seen a robins egg before? So pretty. I want to paint my life this color.

What are you into right now?

14 comments:

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I think you're the best PR person for Portland...I want to go to Hopworks Urban Brewery!

Can't wait for your book reviews. I've read three on your stack.

Love robin's egg blue.

Alisha said...

I wish I could paint my life that color too. One day, in my dream home, I will have a room devoted to that color :)

nevertravelled said...

I hope you like Her Fearful Symmetry!

I love robin's egg blue. I'd like to paint studio that color someday...

My dad has a huge Royal Anne cherry tree in his yard. Every year it's a battle for the cherries to see who gets them first.

Tammie said...

mag: i just love it here so much. if you ever pass thru, definitely stop at HUB--they have a little play area where Bug can play while waiting for the food.

alisha: ooh that would be so pretty.

daph: the cherries are just so good!

im definitely looking forward to Her Fearful Symmetry. i've been thinking about it for months and finally decided to buy it yesterday.

what is it about robins egg blue....

beck said...

Hey Tammie, great post! Love the egg, what a spectacular colour. I can't make out all the names of the books you have in your stack. I'm looking for a new book or two, if you get a sec would you email me the titles? Thanks so much, enjoy your cherries xo

Crystal Trosper said...

Dude. I want to move to Portland with you. It is too hot for me down here in MS. And Rainer cherries... I could eat my weight in those suckers.

I have been reading a bunch, hanging at the pool, eating tomato sammies, planning Christmas presents, and watching way to much Scooby Doo compliments of the kiddo's.

Oh, and cleaning up TP.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I love Rainer Cherries!
I was shocked at the cost of cherries the other day at Costco.

We went to a farmers market and ended up with melons and peaches instead. The cherries there were outrageous too. What's up with the cherries this year?
I was bummed but the peaches were the best peaches I have ever eaten in my life! Hubby and I ate one a piece in the car on the drive home with juice dripping everywhere and we kept laughing - they are so good.

You're book is in the mail this week.

Dani said...

I love how happy you sound. I can "hear" it in just about every post. Way to go.


I'm into sitting on my ass.

And drinking Lone Star beer on an almost nightly basis.

It's summer. I'm not all that exciting. But happy all the same.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I LOVE the color of robin's eggs! Isn't it amazing that something so natural could be so vibrant?!! I love how you wrote about wanting to paint your life this color! I think I do too now! Thanks!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You are loving your new home -- aren't you? I've spent the big bucks on the cherries and they are definitely worth it.

Penny said...

I just finished A Widow for One Year by John Irving. Have you read it? I read Cider House Rules years ago and liked it, now I want to read his other books.

Tammie said...

penny: the only Irving ive read was a prayer for owen meaney, which i loved. ive been meaning to read more...

heather said...

i would pay your full (local-ish) price for those cherries. we pay $12 a pound for them here, it's insane but i do it every year.

can't wait to hear what you think of songs of a humback whale. i could not get into it.

Lia said...

I read that Songs of the Humpback Whale and I think I liked it all right. But the best Picoult book is Plain Truth, in my humble opinion. But then again, I haven't exactly read all that many of them.