Monday, July 12, 2010

My Weekend In List Form

{Everything that follows took place between Friday July 9 and Sunday July 11.}

*Decided to drive to Mt. Hood. Stopped at some Friday garage sales along the way and never conquered the mountain.

*At one garage sale I paid 25 cents for a baggie filled with paper odds and ends, various half used post-it note pads, etc. Tucked in the baggie was this:
A ticket stub for the observation level of the World Trade Center.

*Continued to ignore Facebook messages, emails, and now apparently phone calls. What is wrong with me? I suck. (Today, I promise! Maybe.)

*Went to the farmers market.

*Took the girl and Liz Lemon to the fountain at the Commons. Was politely-almost apologetically-reprimanded by a police officer for bringing my dog to the Commons. The conversation went like this:

The po-po: Excuse me, ma'am, but dogs aren't allowed at the common area.
Me: Oh, ok. My husband walked over to the farmers market, as soon as he comes back we'll leave.
The po-po: Oh no problem. Just remember it for next time.

I love Oregon. Even the cops are nice.

*Took a family trip to Powell's.

*Finished one book (Choke). Started another (Good Grief).

*Ate too many cherries.

*Watched quite a few episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm with Jay and the boy.

*Spent a day at the zoo:
*Had sushi for dinner.

*Took a drive out to the country. But quickly came back because the country just isn't for me.

We aren't normally this go-go-go, but it's been hot the past few days and no one has really felt like hanging around an apartment that has no air conditioner. I have learned that I hate summer no matter which state I'm in. I become miserable, uncomfortable, and basically just want to hibernate until fall. I may need to look into getting a summer home in Australia. Today though, I'll just focus on the fact that the high is only 70 degrees and it would appear that, for now anyway, the high nineties are over.

What did you do this weekend?

11 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

you may wish to try Toronto. Wonderful city and oh so cool and breezes off the lake. :-)

I'm curious -what do you do with all those ticket stubs? The one from the trade center was cool.

I once took old maps and torn them up and used them as wall paper in my husbands office (under the chair rail) It was so cool and I was going to remove it when selling but the realtor said it was great so I didn't even have to!

Maria Rose said...

I had a lovely weekend with the fam.

Off subject, but I was yelled at in OR for pumping my own gas. Have you had that happen?

Anonymous said...

High 90s are definitely an anomaly, so you should be okay for awhile. :) Here, on the other hand, it's been mid-70s for a couple of weeks. Bizarre.

Sounds like a busy busy weekend. I saw that cutie-pie baby elephant with my mom when we were at the zoo. Also, the cheesy slo-mo dinosaurs, who sounded like they were dying. It cracked us up. (I am having trouble using OPen ID for some reason on everyone's blog... it's Daphne)

Karen said...

I am so glad you're enjoying Oregon so much. You seem to go out 700x more often than when you were in Florida. That is so great--it's like you found your niche, and not having to pump gas is a huge plus.

Theresa said...

I spent the weekend hiding in the air conditioning and complaining. *Laughs* But today was much better!!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Confessions of a city-dweller, huh? I do okay in the burbs, but sometimes at the lake I get the creepy-crawlies thinking about the snakes lurking in the woods. And I completely understand getting off track when a good garage sale comes along.

Dani said...

That is a jam-packed weekend!

Sounds like a very fun time...

Let's see...on Friday we had a kid-free night and I got to see The Mr. play. Then we had cool friends over Saturday. So I drank way too much Lone Star...both nights.

So on Sunday we took it easy and sat on our bums out in the sun.

Tammie said...

peggy: i dont really do anything with them as of yet, i just like holding on to them. your map wallpaper sounds very cool.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Mine was nice but not nearly as eventful as yours. We had power so in hindsight it was perfect!

Penny said...

We are melting and dying on a daily basis because it is HOT. I went jogging at 6:30 this morning and I passed one of those temperature things at the bank at it was 78 at 630 AM...then I died.

I am going to try and take Eli to the Aquarium in Atlanta on Monday, all your cool excursions have made me sad that the best thing we do is walk to the pool (although Eli does love that).

Tammie said...

penny: ooh have fun at the aquarium. i always wanted to go there everytime i went to atlanta but never made it.