Friday, July 16, 2010

13 Years Ago....


Jay and I took a day off of work, went out for bagels, and then got married at a courthouse near Miami.

I kept my eye on the woman who married us. She knew the routine. She had done this dozens of times before. I remember thinking I bet she is certain this will never last. Actually, for various reasons, I felt like a lot of people thought that about us.

Well here we are, thirteen years later. We've both grown up and grown together. When I look back on the most recent years, things have been.......tough. But without Jay by my side, none of it would have been worth it. He's been my motivation and my inspiration for a better life.

Happy Anniversary, Jay. Here's to proving everyone wrong!

14 comments:

Veronica said...

Awww! Congrats on 13 years of togetherness!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Congratualtions Tammie & Jay!!

Theresa said...

OH MY GOSH! Happy Anniversary! Today is mine and Tim's 5th wedding anniversary! How crazy is that?!

Dani said...

Love those success stories.

Congrats to you and your love story. May it continue for many more years.

Tammie said...

theresa: well a happy anniversary to you guys too!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Happy 13th! And may you celebrate many more.

Alisha said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jason Clattenburg said...

I love hearing that people beat the odds. 13 years is wonderful.

Sarah12730 said...

Supercongrats! I love a good "so there, we'll show them!" story!!

Daphne said...

After having met you both, I have to say you are a perfect couple. A perfect couple of whats, I won't say... (sorry, Grandpa-joke...). :) Happy anniversary!!

CT said...

Happy Annyversary, Tammie and Jay!!!!!!!!

beki said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope y'all had a nice weekend.

jessie said...

Dude! 13 years! That's great!

Lia said...

Awww.... Happy anniversary! We beat the odds, too, amazingly enough. I think it makes our marriage stronger.