Friday, June 4, 2010

It Makes Me Smile:: New Jammies

Jay surprised me with these yesterday and I have to admit that I may love them more than life itself. I've mentioned before that when left to my own devices I find it hard to spend money on undergarments and lounge wear. (Example: I once had to go into the bathroom at an auto parts store and take my bra off and trash it because it literally fell apart while I was wearing it.) So if I'm wearing something new and/or nice to bed, it's because someone bought it for me. Although the pajamas are obviously for me, I think this gift was somewhat self serving on Jay's part because now he doesn't have to see me slopping around the house in my ancient flannel Spongebob ones with the bleach stains. Plus, he may have seen me digging through the night clothes at Goodwill the other day and decided enough is enough.

The jammies are Munki Munki by Heather Ross, and if money ever gets tight I can always deconstruct them and sell them for cold hard cash on the crafting black market. Think I'm lying? Right now on Etsy just a sleeve is going for $7. Or a leg panel for $12. Needless to say, when I put these on I feel as if I'm wearing garments of the gods. Of course, Jay didn't know all of this when he bought them. He just thought they were cute. When I told him the back story, his jaw dropped and he declared, "What is wrong with your people?!" I don't know. I guess quilters are obsessive folk.

Anyway, I don't see myself cutting them up anytime soon. I love them too much. Plus, I already threw away my Spongebob ones.

What's making you smile today?

13 comments:

Daphne said...

I love this. "What is wrong with your people!?"

Those are sooooo cute.

Making me smile today is, of course, the Pentecostal spam-bot. Also, I am going to make whoopie pies tonight for a picnic tomorrow. And, the gigantic pile of vegan cookbooks I have at home, waiting for me to experiment.

R.H. Ducky said...

the "what's wrong with your people" line cracked me up too!

the jammies are pure awesomeness, rolled in fabulous, and then deep-fried to a golden crisp. sorry, i'm hungover and really hungry.

Karen said...

"your people," ha ha.

very cute pjs

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

the fact that it's Friday makes me smile.

Love the jammies. I wear PJ's to lounge in but hate wearing clothes to bed. TMI? perhaps.

:-)

Theresa said...

ha ha ha @ Jay's comment about "your people." And I love your new jammies!

Tammie said...

daphne: ive never made whoopie pies but have always wanted to...is it hard?

alicia: i want something fried and sweet like a donut or a funnel cake. id settle for a whoopie pie though.

peggy: ive tried that but cant relax. what if your house catches on fire in the middle of the night?

Hotch Potchery said...

Crafting black market?!? Ha, ha, ha!!!

Dani said...

Hee, hee. My Mr. asks very similar questions about "my people".

If my man brought home pj's they would include black lace and such. I applaud Jay for his choice.

I have a pair of cut-off sweats from a previous boyfriend that I favor. Apparently, they are "the worst things ever". But I adore them. That and tank tops and old Longhorn & Spurs t-shirts.

I'm so hot. Not.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

"Your people???" I love your new PJs. I am having a love affair with the Lanz of Salzburg gowns. Big flannels -- not this time of year. But, I just love the flannel prints. Probably not the most flattering, but oh-so-comfortable.

I would treasure you new sleep-set.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Cuteness! I can see why they're shelling out the big bucks- I love that print. What a nice surprise. Making me smile today...the perfect song on at the perfect time!

Alisha said...

Those are tooooo cute. I have a feeling I too will be gifted some pajamas...as I'm sure the husband is tired of the nursing tank/sweatpant combo :) Enjoy your new jammes!

hester said...

Ooh...nothing like new PJs to make you feel loved. And like everyone else, I laughed my socks off at "what's wrong with your people?".

{Amy} said...

oh, i love, love these pajamas. so cute!
for some reason my oldest is obsessed with getting a weiner dog, he would totally love these, too.

and i'm so with you on paying for undergarments, i would much rather buy myself jewelry and cute shoes!