Monday, April 5, 2010

Hodge Podge

I've had so much I've wanted to write about lately but really have not had the time to sit down and put it all together. Things are happening pretty quickly now and there's been a lot going on. Big things, little things, and all the many things in between. I think that at this point, the best I can give you is a lengthy mish-mash post describing it all. Forgive me, this is all my brain can handle at the moment.

*Jay's last day at his job here in Gainesville was this past Saturday. Our POD is to be delivered this Friday and then the clock really starts ticking. We have a few loose ends to wrap up here and then we hit the road, hopefully within a week or so after getting the POD. We want to have an address in Oregon within 30 days of this Friday. After the 30 day mark, the POD costs $200 a month. Hopefully, we won't have it anywhere near that long. There's actually a lot more I could say about the specifics of the move, but if I write about that at all (I honestly haven't decided yet), it will be once everything is actually done. It's kind of hard for me to wrap my brain around all the details while I'm going through it. I'm really just taking it all one day at a time and doing what I have to do.

*Saturday night my BFF was in town. She and her family are on a little road trip to find the place where they want to settle when the time comes for them to get the hell out of Florida. Their trip took them through Gainesville and we had a few hours to ourselves to do all the girly things we'd be doing if we lived closer. Which apparently consists of dinner, a trip to Sephora, and a trip to Target to discuss all of the Liberty of London items. Clearly we're a couple of wild gals. God though, it was good to see her. We talk or email every day but when we get to see each other in person, it's just wonderful.

*Wine has been buy one get one free at my grocery store for the last three weeks. I don't know why I'm blogging about this. It just seems relevant. Especially since there are about six bottles of wine in my house right now.

*Alec Baldwin's birthday was this past Saturday. I hope you all took a moment out of your day to celebrate him being sexy on this planet for 52 years. I didn't. In fact, I totally forgot about it. (See, I'm not really the obsessed nut job I portray myself to be.)

*Jay and I watched 500 Days of Summer. So, so, so good. If you haven't seen this one yet, please do. Why has Joseph Gordon Levitt been off my radar for so long?

*Sunday we took the kids to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which by the way, the girl insists on calling Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid. This was her first trip to a movie theatre. She's a total loud mouth chatterbox so up until now we've avoided the theatre all together. Surprisingly, she was really good so we may go to the movies as a family more often. That is, we would, if it didn't cost fifty freakin' dollars to take a family of four to the movies. And that's not including my giant purse full of candy. (And the movie? Cute and humorous, but not as good as the books.)

*My gal CT gave me an award last week and I'm just now getting around to writing about it.With this award, I have to list five things that I love or love to do. This is the hard part. Here it goes:

1. It probably goes without saying that I love spending time with my little family. My kids have been through so much in the last 9-12 months and I honestly feel like the only reason they're managing to see the light at the end of the tunnel and come out mostly unscathed, is because we're such a close family. (That being said, this week is spring break. And Jay, being unemployed at the moment, is home too. This may be a bit too much family togetherness.)

2. Obviously, I love to read. This is another thing that's gotten me through some rough times. When I don't want to think about life's problems anymore, there is nothing better than losing myself in a book.

3. These pictures of my daughter are bringing a smile to my face.One of my neighbors was throwing away this Spongebob box (costume?) and you guys know how I'm drawn to trash on a curb like moth to a flame. I tried to ignore it for a few days but it finally came home with me this weekend.

4. The story of Masha and the Bear, so kindly found for me by Heather of I'm Not Hannah. It's the Russian folk tale behind my set of nesting dolls.

5. Cadbury eggs. They make me very, very happy.

Okay, I think that's everything I needed to dump from my brain.

13 comments:

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

A Cadbury fan! I love them...so many people I know can't stand them so I'm always happy to know another fan. My basket was filled with both the big Cadbury eggs and bags of the mini eggs (my breakfast today!)

I can't believe the move is practically here! That's very exciting.

I loved 500 Days of Summer! After I watched it, I wondered why we waited so long.

kraftykash said...

BOGO Wine?!?!?! That is my fav store....ever! :D I think you taking it one day at a time is an excellent idea. Im glad you got to spend some time with your BFF, that helps alot.

Lia said...

* I love time with my BFF. Doesn't happen often enough, though.

* Buy one get one free wine is definitely relevant. What is this magic wine store?

* Loved everything about 500 Days of Summer- the characters, the actors, the soundtrack, the dance scene, the story. All of it.

* Congrats on your award. You deserve it!

Tammie said...

lia: it's Publix, a chain here in the south. i dont know if they have them as far as Texas though.

and the dance scene was adorable. i cant stop thinking about it.

Theresa said...

I so want to see the Diary of a Whimpy Kid movie! We are big fans of the books in our house.

I'm going to miss your blogging while you are moving and settling. :(

But how exciting that you are finally going to be in Oregon! Maybe I should pack up the fam and follow. We could carravan!

alisha said...

We did the pod thing too when we moved to Chicago. Lots of pressure lol.

I have heard great things about 500Days of Sommer. I think I need to finally watch it.

And BOGO wine? Amazing. Enjoy it!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm with you on those wild trips to Target. I'm so loving the whole Liberty of London thing -- I do go through these phases and it too shall pass, but for now I own coordinating mugs, garden gloves and a binder.

Good luck with this moving business. I don't envy the process, but the idea of starting over somewhere definitely has its appeal.

Dani said...

I miss my BFF every damn day.

I just bought 2 bottles of wine today...but I paid full price for both. Still worth it.

Me and The Mr. saw 500 Days in the theater this past summer. One that serves beer. Made a great movie even better.

Your girl is quite cute. It would make me happy too.

Good luck! I'm thinking of you!

Tammie said...

dani: thanks. i actually thought of you when i was watching. i think of you when i see any zooey deschanel movie.

Daphne said...

Now I must find out what this Liberty of London thing is...

hester said...

I was looking at Cadbury eggs for you today, Tammie. There are some coming your way.

Scott wants to see 500 Days of whatever it is. It's just come out here on DVD which is cheaper and easier than getting a babysitter.

What is a POD? Is it a campervan? I think your strategy of getting through the move one day at a time is the BEST way to do it. That's how I survived the last couple of moves. (We accidentally bought an Art Deco apartment the week before our wedding)

The girl looks gorgeous in that box with that hairstyle.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I would need the wine (ALL of it) to get through packing. Ugh. At least you have a POD, which is pretty cool, versus packing up a uhaul or your truck (wait, maybe that's a Texas/Clampitt thang).
Mmm...crackbury eggs. So good. So addictive. So NOT on sale at Target which makes me mad. Must find a new supplier before they gone!
And hooray for BFFs! They make life so much more enjoyable!

Tammie said...

Hester: A POD is a big ol' box that you put your stuff in and then the pod people come and take it where you want it. It is a bit more expensive than a moving truck, and we didn't think we would be able to afford it at first, but they were running a special and that put it comparable to the usual moving truck.