Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Garfunkel and Oates

Sunday night at 7:30 I was lying in bed watching TV. I'm not going to lie to you guys, a large portion of my Sunday is spent anxiously awaiting the nighttime animation. Jay, the boy, and I all hang out in our bedroom and watch slightly raunchy cartoons. It's our thing. Airing before The Simpsons is a show called 'Til Death. It's not my favorite show but it's fairly humorous and besides, I usually only half watch it while reading whatever book I'm into. (Jay, of course, pays full attention to the show because of Joely Fisher's awesome gigantic breasts.)

During last Sunday's episode the characters were in a restaurant and when the waitress came to the table I immediately looked up because I knew her voice. Then I saw her face and knew it too. But I couldn't for the life of me place her. Jay was on the computer at the time so I asked him to find out for me. After a half an hour, his search had turned up nothing. So I took over and within five minutes found the info I wanted. Apparently, I am the Google High Mistress. In Jay's defense, when not fantasizing about Joely Fisher's breasts, he spends a great deal of his time at his, you know, job. So he doesn't have a lot of time to spend honing his internet search skills.

Anyway, back to the waitress. Her name is Kate Micucci and she's a little known actress who's been in a lot of different things. But I first saw her on someone else's blog (Peggy's I think?)performing as half of the hilarious and super talented comedy duo Garfunkel and Oates (she's the dark haired one). The first song I heard them perform was "Pregnant Women are Smug":

But my favorite song of theirs, by far, is Self Esteem:


You have to love a song that melodically includes the line, "I wouldn't touch your dick if I'd been poisoned and the antidote was in your sperm."

17 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG - I love these songs!!!! So funny!

Penny said...

OH I Love them! I used to watch Scrubs and she was on that show for a bit. My favorite song is "This party took a turn for the douche" it makes me laugh EVERY time I watch it...it is making me laugh now thinking about it.

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

I LOVE this girl! Thanks for sharing these clips, I haven't seen them before! She is popping up as waitresses and relatives and such on a LOT of shows lately, isn't she? Good for HER!! She's a RIOT!

Tammie said...

im glad you guys like them. i thought for sure no one would even look at this post.

penny:i just looked that one up. hilarious! i cant wait to show it to jay. gay boyfriend is pretty funny too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yep that was me! I love these gals.
go to youtube and see all their clips. They are smart and funny!But then again you can't be dumb and be funny - just doesn't happen.

victoria said...

So. Freaking. Great.

The pregnancy one is hilarious and SO true! As I was watching I thought of about five people I'd love to send it to. And the self esteem one is a winner. I have an ex I'd LOVE to share that one with!! I remember telling him, "you know I'm only putting up with your shit because, right now, I'm suffering from chronic low self esteem!!!" :-)))

Dani said...

Hilarious. Thanks for making a smile cross my face during working hours.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Love it! Stole it! Posted it too!

kraftykash said...

OMG! that pregnant one is sooo true. How annoying is it when someone says "We arent telling the name". Whatever! Thats what I want to say LOL

Lia said...

That cracked me up! Even in my achy feverish state. I can't wait to show it to all of my friends.

Mari said...

Oh my god Tammie, they are sooo funny!

It's Me, Theresa said...

Hey, I haven't read this through yet, but I wanted to see if you knew Alec is supposed to be on The Marriage Rep tonight on NBC? Ok...now off to read the blog

It's Me, Theresa said...

OKay, now that I've read/listened. These were HILARIOUS! Even being pregnant right now, I can so jive with the first one. I always find out what the baby is, tell everyone the name, etc. I loved the part where she says she can't wait to hear someone say she doesn't care if braindead or limbless as long as it has a penis. LMAO. Thanks for Sharing!

Daphne said...

I finally had time to listen to these. OMG, cracking up.

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

Love it! And love your header. And I'm not in preschool. Is that weird?

ps- my word verification is supologi
i'm pretty sure that's the study of soup. and now i need some creamy tomato. for research, of course.

tammiemarie said...

hilarious! "you think that you're glowing, but you have been ho-ing, and now you're pregnant." so funny!

Mandy said...

TOO Funny!!! Hahahaha!