Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Color Week:: Yellow

Yellow. What a great color. So happy and cheery. I had no problems finding yellow things to photograph. It's everywhere around here, but in small bits.

A lot of you probably remember this blanket I made a while back. (You can read more about it here.)It's filled with various shades of yellow. Of all the things I've sewn, this is one of my favorites. Sometimes I look at it and still can't believe that I made this.

The girl's rain boots:Rumor has it, she'll get a lot of use out of these in the near future.

Spongebob:What's not to love about this guy?

This shirt was my son's when he was little:A thrift store find of course. I remember being so sad when he was no longer that many and couldn't wear the shirt anymore. I had to save it though. Even if it is covered in chocolate milk stains.

I ventured into the girl's room for these next shots, both sprinkled with bits of yellow:I totally get a chuckle from the way the girl plays. When I was little, I never "mixed" my toys. For instance the Strawberry Shortcakes couldn't play with the Barbies. My daughter has no such rules. In her neighborhood, a pink critter in overalls can be married to Strawberry Shortcake and live in the princess castle. And Lemon Meringue can hang out in front of Hello Kitty's house with a half naked Disney Princess. It's all good.

10 comments:

Lia said...

I love that blanket.I would feel the same way if I had made it. I'm hoping to feel that way about a couch quilt pretty soon.

That shirt is awesome. I would keep it, too. With grand ideas of doing something crafty with it, but really it would probably just sit around in a closet somewhere for a few decades.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You did great on that blanket....It's great that you can still be an awe of something you created. By the time I finish some of my projects, I really don't care to ever see them again.

And your little girl must have quite the imagination -- from you? My daughter never, ever played with dolls. She was a dinosaur kind of girl and could rattle off all the names that to this day, I cannot pronounce.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

The blanket is gorgeous! And I like the girl's rain boots...as well as the shirt!

I took my brother's GI Joes to be in the Barbie village for awhile and once had a robot as Barbie's husband.

Not Hannah said...

Viva multiculturalism. Even if it is among toys.

Also, I want to steal those rain boots.

Dani said...

That blanket is sweet. I look at some of the things I have made and feel the exact same way. Pretty cool, huh?

I have kept many of The Boy's shirts in hopes of one day fashioning a t-shirt quilt.

My girl and your girl would have a very harmonious little world. She's the same way. The other day one of her Little People "mans" was kissing on Barbie. There was so much to be disturbed about with both the couple and the fact that she was making them full on kiss that I decided to turn a blind eye and fight that battle another day...after I've had a couple of drinks.

R.H. Ducky said...

these color posts make me want to find my camera (no, i didn't actually lose it again, i just haven't unpacked completely yet) and take some actual pictures. i swear every pic i've taken lately has been with the stunning 2 megapixel clarity of my phone's camera.

kraftykash said...

You have fun stuff to take pictures of! Korby had a favorite shirt when she was 3. She wore it all the time. I sewed it into a pillow and she still uses it. I might have to blog about it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

love your daughters diversity neighborhood. :-)
Also lover her rain boots!

Daphne said...

I want those rain boots for myself! She will be wearing them every day come October or so! :)

melissa s. said...

Yes, I definitely think the boots were a good investment. I do have to disagree about s.bob though. I really can't stand that guy, even though he does photograph well in all his yellow, wackified glory!