Monday, March 15, 2010

Color Week:: Red

Dani and Lia are hosting a color week. Today's color is red.

A few years ago I bought a Gerber daisy plant. It doesn't flower too much anymore, and when it does the girl usually rips it from the plant before it's even remotely ready to be picked. Then she makes me put it in a vase for all to see and I'm forced to pretend to be excited about the floral abortion sitting on the dinner table.

Anyway, by some stroke of luck, the little guy above managed to avoid the girl. When I finally spotted it, it was fully opened and tall enough to put into a bit of water. All in all, a fairly nice way to welcome spring.

Oh, and no snide remarks from the peanut gallery about how my "vase" is actually a shot glass.

12 comments:

Nowheymama said...

OK, "floral abortion" just totally cracked me up.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I'm with nowheymama....Too funny. I had a gerber daisy last year -- it bit the dust after about one month. You must have a green thumb.

Penny said...

ha ha ha, I love "floral abortion"

I like your color week...I still need to steal one of your ideas and post some of the things in my house that make me happy!

Not Hannah said...

Floral abortion. My new favorite phrase for stuff kids do that makes you insane.

Speaking of, I think gerberas were invented to make people insane--or perhaps just feel like bad gardeners.

Karen said...

I'm loving "floral abortion" too.

I'm assuming your vase is a shot glass because at this point you guys are just swigging from the bottle?

Lia said...

Floral abortion is just about the funniest damn thing ever. I've always wanted a garden full of Gerber daisies and zinnias, but I just can't seem to keep them alive. Gardening in Austin is harder/ different than gardening in Houston.

It's Me, Theresa said...

really? I can't say anything about the shot glass??

Oh all right then. Anyway, that photo is beautiful! I wish I had a spring flower!

Maria Rose said...

That is a beautiful flower!

Daphne said...

Terri loves Gerbera daisies... I'm wondering how they would do in a pot. They always seem to die. But, love the red!

Dani said...

Love it. What else do you put a flower picked from the yard in *but* a shot glass?

Classic.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

dying over "floral abortion"!

hester said...

I have to get out more. I didn't even know that was a shot glass. Sad, I know.