Friday, February 26, 2010

Randomness

I have no patience for anything or anyone today. An example: my daughter just asked me where her pumpkin was. You know, the pumpkin she got at the pumpkin patch last October. Instead of calmly telling her that it became compost quite sometime ago, I sighed loudly and snapped, "That thing got old, and rotten, and died. Get over it." I'm aware I could have handled that better.

I really just want to get into my jammies, watch reruns of Family Guy, and drink hot tea. Or wine. Or a madras. But because that type of behaviour is frowned upon at one in the afternoon, I'm just going to have to muddle through.

*Yesterday was my visit to the vagina doctor. My appointment was at 9 am and I arrived at the office with plenty of time to spare, only to realize that my doctor's office wasn't even in that building anymore. It was now an office of cosmetic dentistry. This is what happens when you let five years lapse between visits. After a phone call and some driving around, I found the new office and somehow managed to still be on time. When I told my doctor about my mistake, she laughed and said, "Yeah we stopped telling people about the new building about three years ago." Sigh.

*Anyway, the main purpose of the visit, aside from the obvious fact that I desperately needed my yearly (HA!) checkup, was to discuss some lady-type health issues I had been having. Well, turns out, I do have something going on down there, but it's nothing life threatening. I'm just going to have to go on the birth control pill for awhile. Maybe a long while. I don't really know. This sorta sucks because I don't really like the pill and Jay's had a vasectomy so that I wouldn't have to take it, but I don't have any other options.

*On Monday I did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout. If the way my body felt on Tuesday was any indication, I'm in the worst shape of my life. I could barely walk.

*Yesterday I made this coffee cake and it is perfect. The right amount of sweet, but not too sweet. I'm in love.

*I have nothing good to read at the moment and that's adding to my bad mood. I tried reading Under the Tuscan Sun, but by the tenth page it was really irritating me. Although, I'm willing to admit that this may have had more to do with my mood than the book.

*Um, when are the Olympics going to be over? WHEN!?

22 comments:

Mari said...

Cheer up, mama! I hear you, I am so over winter and ready for spring. Also over any family members whining to me about ANYTHING! lol
I just read Peyton Place, really enjoyed it.

Daphne said...

Hello! Welcome to my mood! I just got off the phone with a much-beloved aunt who is asking to come visit TOMORROW. I LOVE to see this person and I only get to see her once a year or so, but TOMORROW? Sigh.

Lia said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a day in my jammies with hot tea and reruns of just about anything.

Glad to hear your hoo-hoo isn't trying to kill you. I just started some crazy meds and am feeling a little bit weird about it, too.

I just started Animal Dreams, but I've been so damn tired I can't make it through more than a couple of pages without falling asleep.

Do you ever read children's novels? I loved The View from Saturday, The Penderwicks, and The Willoughbys. The Willoughbys is a bit of a dark tale- sort of a spin on classic children's stories like Hansel and Gretel. I think you'd like it.

Nowheymama said...

Hee! "Vagina doctor"

It's Me, Theresa said...

LMAO- I think I've had that exact same conversation with my girl about the pumpkins.... and what's wrong with jammies and hot tea at one in the afternoon? Because uh... that's right what I'm gonna do in about 10 seconds. And then I'm going to take a nap.

As an aside, I'm reading The 5 Languages of Love right now and am finding it VERY interesting. It's not so much pleasure reading, being more along the "self-help" type of book, but I can't get enough it. I love trying to figure out the different love languages all the people I know speak: My mom, my dad, my hubby... just in case your interested!

Dani said...

I've had my share of snappy, sacastic moments. It happens.

I'm glad the hoo-ha doctor went as well as possible. I'm fearing I might have to go on the pill (again) simply because of my body's reaction to the monthly hormonal shift. Bah. Womanhood.

I want to try Jillian's shred. But for now I'm seeing how far running will take me and my ass.

Thanks for the coffee cake tip. You know I've been wanting a good recipe.

alisha said...

don't feel too bad....we all have moods like that--i've been in one for like 2 weeks. poor kids :p

have you read prep or american wife by curtis settenfield? two of my favorite books.

R.H. Ducky said...

wait a minute...first you tell me that it's illegal to drink and drive. now you tell me that drinking in the early afternoon is frowned upon. dammit...i'm going to go cry now.

Shalet said...

I just started Elegance of the Hedgehog and am liking it so far. I also just reading Cutting for Stone and loved it.

As far as the girly issues go - I'm sorry, that sucks. Feel better soon!

Karen said...

Ughhhhhhhh birth control pills. Hate. Why do lady parts have to misbehave? So sad.

Here's my gripe about vagina doctors. They're telling me I need to schedule a pap smear, but why couldn't they done this in the fall when they were all up in my business EVERY WEEK due to the pregnancy shenanigans??

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I know it's wrong to laugh at others in pain but I did laugh while reading this. It sounded like my day and it was funny to hear it from another person. I like the company.

And who said it was wrong to drink at 1pm? I hate them...and the voices in my head tell me they are wrong.

I am sure Jillian would be thrilled that you did her work out and then ate coffee cake. See c'mon that's funny - that is why I laughed while reading this entry.
Not at you - with you. :-)

Tammie said...

i didnt even see the humor in that at first, but yeah, it is pretty funny. i guess that shows how committed to fitness i am. exercise, then eat cake.

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Man, I'm sorry you're dealing with all this right now! I'll join you for a glass of wine and Family Guy, ANYDAY!!!

Jenny said...

I keep hearing about this 30 day shred...I guess I may just have to break down and try it. Ugh. I hate working out. Hope all gets better down in your girlie regions soon. :) hee hee Feel funny saying that on a comment...and hope your mood improves. Heck. Hope mine does too. :)

victoria said...

"That thing got old, and rotten, and died"

Im sorry, I even laughed at this. Out loud. It must be your delivery! ;-)

It seems you are doing quite well despite all you've got going on. Hang in there!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Vagina doctor...ha!

I want to try the Shred but I'm a bit scared.

A book that's high on my list is THe Housekeeper and the Professor. I've heard good things but don't know anyone who's read it. Yesterday someone told me that I NEED TO read Little Bee.

On the bright side the Oscars are next Sunday...

hester said...

Sorry...your post made me laugh too. You can't help but be your usual funny self even when dealing with vagina doctors and missing buildings. So glad it's nothing life threatening.

Have no idea about the shredding thing. Sounds really painful.

I also need a new book after finishing the Time Traveller's Wife. I LOVED it!!! Have you read "The Household Guide to Dying"? Sounds gloomy but it's quite funny and moving.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You have a lot of random thoughts going on there girlfriend! First off, I think (but I don't know for sure) that the Olympics are done on Sunday. I sense you are missing Alec B. Second, have you read "The Girls from Ames?" I just finished it -- it's about long-term friendships. It dragged out a bit at the end, but it was a pretty good read.

And, I'm glad to hear your medical issues are treatable.

Hang in there -- Life will get better.

(And trust me -- we've all snapped at our kids at some point. Yesterday, I had a major meltdown over some things they posted on Facebook. Some may call me the mother from he double-toothpicks).

blogggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DysFUNctional Mom said...

I'm going to the vag doctor in April, for the first time since my last child was born.
She's nine.
Taking pills sucks...good luck with that.

Jessie Earth Momma said...

UG. Vagina problems. Tell me about it. After having babies, my vagina never acted the same. :-(

Penny said...

The 30 DS is no joke, even after running for almost a year when I did the video last month I could barely walk for 3 days! I haven't done it since.

I'm glad all is well with your lady parts but the pill does totally suck, especially when you don't NEED it for birth control!