Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It Makes Me Smile

Over a month ago I introduced an ongoing, occasional series called It Makes Me Smile. Then, apparently, I stopped smiling because there was never a part two. Until now.

Dawn sent me this little guy last week.
She picked him up at a thrift shop (I think), but she said she'd been looking for just the right Papa Smurf for me for quite some time. He's just like the one that I briefly had as a child, until I threw it away on the suspicion that he was possessed by the devil. (Don't know what I'm talking about? Go back and read this post.)

Sadly, I get far too many hits to my blog from people googling are smurfs possessed? or are smurfs demonic? To those people I would like to say the following:

Seriously? Seriously?!? Yes, I once believed that smurfs were possessed, but I was told so by adults who, although terribly misled, otherwise had my best interests at heart. Oh, and I was five. I'm assuming you are older than that since you've managed to turn on a computer and type a phrase into the google box. At what point did you decide that logic and reason were no longer working for you? If you're still wondering if smurfs are possessed, don't look for the answer on the internet. Don't look for it from a church or from any supposed man of god. Just sit in a quiet room until you've come up with the answer on your own. The answer to this one isn't that hard. Thank you.

So yeah, suffice it to say, Papa Smurf hasn't run around the house cursing at me. In fact, he's been incredibly well mannered, especially given that the girl keeps forgetting his name and referring to him as the "funny blue Santa."

11 comments:

Penny said...

I have been in such a foul mood these last couple of days I really need to find a few things that make me smile and maybe post about that instead of my incessant whining and complaining.

Dani said...

Ha! Love it.

My husband still has an irrational fear of sock monkeys. He swears that one came to life and attacked him in his sleep when he was a small child.

However, he's cool with Papa Smurf.

Daphne said...

We have a stuffed Eeyore who sometimes comes out to sit on the steps to greet me when I come home so that I know that Eeyore is visiting in the house. I don't think he's possessed though (pssst: I think actually Terri is doing it! But don't tell those folks who believe Smurfs might actually be possessed)

Karen said...

From now on I'm only coming to your blog via smurf-related google queries.

I am so very fond of those pillowcases.

Tammie said...

penny: my mood hasnt been the cheeriest either. i feel your pain.

dani: does the mr go running from the room when that kia sorento commercial comes on?

daphne: ha ha. for some reason that cracked me up.

Tammie said...

karen: seriously, almost ten percent of the people that come to me from a query typed into a search engine, are demon smurf people.

thank you. :)

Lia said...

What a sweet friend. Random fun mail makes me smile, too.

I was so all about the Smurfs when I was little. I sometimes wish we had the Boomerang channel so that my kids could watch the Smurfs and the Jetsons. Though they probably wouldn't love them like I did.

That demon Smurf shit is just plain weird.

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Haha! Wow, so glad to hear that Papa is behaving himself and not performing any satanic rituals. Phew! I was sooooo worried!! Thanks for the laugh!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

ha ha - this made me laugh out loud. "at what point did you decide that logic and reason were no longer working for you?"
That is a classic Tammie!!
I know I will use that line in my life....sadly over and over again.

I thought my queries were odd but I think you win. There should be a price for that token no? Hmmm....I will work on it!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Every single time I think about the whole Possessed Papa Smurf story, I laugh so hard I get tears in my eyes. I LOVE that she found one for you! Awesomeness.

Barb "e" said...

My friend told me about the papa smurf blog. And all i can say is I am so glad that you and papa smurf have been reunited. LOL Good for you! and I am so happy that your friend found him for you. What a great blog!