Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Decade Begins

(Saw this idea over at Dani's. Liked it. Stole it. We're friendly, she won't mind.)

In the past ten years I have (in no particular order).......

given birth to a baby girl to go along with the boy born the previous decade

bought a house, sold a house, then bought another house

learned more than I ever wanted to about remodeling a house (seriously)

learned to hold my liquor

had faith

lost faith

learned to have faith in only myself

reconnected with old friends

realized there was a reason I lost touch with 95% of those old friends in the first place

made new friends and kept them

realized what matters

more importantly, realized what doesn't

taught myself to sew

had the realization that I just may be smarter than I give myself credit for being

learned the value of a good face cream

spent more money than I ever should have and then saw the error of my ways

taken the boy to his first concert

went to the pool and the beach in a bikini (and I didn't die of shame)

learned that, for me at least, a $23 bottle of nail polish can sometimes be totally worth it

loved and hated (sometimes the same people)

The past decade has definitely had its share of ups and downs but I'm very excited for the next decade, especially the next few years. I have goals and plans and for the first time in my life, I don't doubt that they will happen. I'm trying out this optimism thing. We'll see where it takes me.

8 comments:

Lia said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with your goals and your optimism.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Pony up on the face cream! Love this post. So true, so true.

Shalet said...

Happy New Year!

Dani said...

Let the 2010 games begin! Have a great one.

And I'm digging that polish...I just need to quit biting my nails. Maybe after football & basketball season.

Not Hannah said...

Good luck with the optimism thing. I'm gonna try it to, although I'm giving myself permission not to have to be optimistic before, say, nine in the morning.

heather said...

i LOVE your list tammie! happy new year... thank you for being here! xoxo

Daphne said...

Fantastic list... and you are definitely a smartie. I've been actually dreaming (literally) of makeup lately... do you think it's a sign? Will the right eyeshadow change my life?

hester said...

What a decade! Thanks for brightening up my year.