Saturday, January 23, 2010

Listing

Reading:: I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife last night. Sigh. All of you who suggested this were so spot on. I didn't want it to end and was so heartbroken when it did, that I actually cried. I couldn't sleep last night, tossing and turning thinking about Henry and Clare. When this book first came out I dismissed it as something I wouldn't be interested in. That was my loss because I have to say that this is probably one of my favorite books of all time and I wish I had read it sooner. Next up on the reading list: Atonement.

Watching::
Away We Go. Has anyone else seen this movie with John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph? It's been sitting on my nightstand for at least a week, waiting to be watched. Hopefully Jay and I will get to it tonight. (While we're on the subject of movies, have any of you seen The Time Traveler's Wife movie? Does it do justice to the book? Should I avoid it at all cost?)

Eating:: Chocolate Avocado Pie. I know it sounds so very weird. But I've made it before and it always goes over well. It's delicious and a great way to sneak something green into the children.

Loving:: This little surprise from Mag that I found in my mailbox yesterday:I had planned on editing the photo so that it would be all big and obnoxiously gorgeous, but sadly, Picnik is down this morning so I couldn't do any editing magic. The post it note at the top reads, "Thought you might want to read this." Why yes Mag, I do. (Thank you!)

Before I go, I wanted to thank all of you for your wonderful and funny comments on my last couple of posts. I truly believe that I have some of the best blogging friends on the interwebs. In so many ways, every last one of you are a constant source of inspiration to me. Thank you.

11 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Mmm...chocolate avocado pie. I do need to make it. Except here the avocados may get eaten before they go into the pie. TTW stuck with me for a long time. I did not see the movie- I didn't want to ruin it.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Another book to add to the ever-growing list. My daughter's off watching "The Lovely Bones" movie as I type this. (And you're very welcome -- funny how blogging friends can become friends fast). Take care.

Daphne said...

Must try that pie sometime. Sounds sooooo good. And I'm thrilled that you loved the book! Thought you would. (and yes, of course will make a list of Portland neighborhoods for you. might have to enlist my brother)

Dani said...

I think The Time Traveler's Wife is my favorite book. When you posted about being in love with fictional characters, he is one of mine. And I related to Clare in so many ways. I had to take a break from reading for a few days after finishing...it got to me.

Atonement is probably my second or third favorite book ever. I'm in love with the male lead in that book as well. And it REALLY messed me up. I'll be glad to discuss when you finish.

I haven't seen the movie for Time Traveler...I'm afraid to. But I did see Atonement. It's really good...not as powerful as the book, but what movie is? And James MacAvoy is on "the list"...wink, wink.

I saw Away We Go this summer. Very cute movie.

I still need to make that pie.

We think you are pretty great too.

Tammie said...

not your aunt b: same here. i have other books i need to read but am having a hard time concentrating on them.

jolly: oh, move this one to the top of the list! you wont regret it!!

daphne: i actually want to read it again because i think ill understand more of it the second time around, especially the events around henrys death which were somewhat mind blowing for me. but ill wait awhile and let it all sink in.

dani: i know what you mean. that book definitely got to me.

we liked away we go. i think cute is the perfect way to describe it.

Lia said...

Oh, that book. It was so hard because I couldn't put it down and, yet, I was so afraid of it ending. I was heartbroken for a while afterwards, too. Never saw the movie. I was so infuriatingly disappointed by the movie version of the Other Boleyn Girl, that I don't know if I'll ever be able to see another amazing book-turned-movie again. I did, however, like Fantastic Mr. Fox. But that's totally off topic. As for the blog friend thing- I think you're totally funny and I'm glad I found you.

kraftykash said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy. I started reading The Pilots Wife. so far.....very good!I need to get back into taking time out to read.

Hotch Potchery said...

I was listening to the Time Traveler's Wife on my iPod, but decided I would rather read it. I want to read that and The Lovely Bones after The Dome.


I don't remember if you posted about this, but did you see It's Complicated? If so, are you still as hot for Alec after seeing him nearly naked?

Penny said...

I was just talking about TTW with my niece last week. I really enjoyed the book ( I just recently read it because I was convinced I wouldn't like it) BUT I still don't really get how he died...

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I loved The Time Traveler's Wife. I haven't seen the movie because I think I want the characters to remain how I picture them in my head (even though I have a thing for Eric Bana). I read her second book in the fall.

I have to try the chocolate avocado pie. Glad the Alec Baldwin article made it to you!

Tammie said...

penny: its funny you mention that because i dont know that i totally get it either. i mean, i sorta do and i think i do...but if i think about it too hard i dont know if i could explain my theory.