Monday, December 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

*You'd be wise to not believe me when I tell you that I bought this issue of Men's Journal for Jay.The movie comes out on Christmas Day and I can't even express how excited I am to see it. (Jay on the other hand? Not so much. But yet he's going with me. Isn't he awesome?) I don't think I could be more excited if I was in it myself. So many of you have commented that you think of me whenever you see Mr. Baldwin and I think that is so sweet and funny, but I sometimes wonder if it means I've exposed too much of my crazy. Ultimately though, I don't care. I think you all know I'm harmless.

*I'm enjoying The Lovely Bones and I think we'll definitely have a lot to discuss in February. I'm glad so many of you are up for the discussion. I always feel a little vulnerable when I throw an idea out there like that. I'll be posting reminders in the coming weeks about it.

*After seeing this gorgeous picture of ribbon candy, I announced to Jay that not only had I never had any, but I had never even seen or heard of it. Because he's awesome (have I mentioned that?), he surprised me with a box. Most of it's gone now so you could say I enjoyed it, but I do think it's probably a dentist's nightmare.

*I've really been wanting to share the Day Zero Project with you all. I first heard about it from Ducky and I think it's a really smart alternative to the whole New Year's resolution thing. The general idea is that you make a list of 101 tasks to be completed (or changes to make), and you have 1001 days to make your goals. I love this idea and would sign up myself but my main goal of not spending money/paying down debt/getting the hell out of Florida is somewhat all consuming. If I were to sign up, all of my tasks/goals would have to be of the free variety, which is possible I guess, but a challenge I might not be up for.

*One last link I wanted to mention is Words to Shoot By. Every few weeks a group of photographers are given a word and they have to shoot a triptych of photos showing their interpretation of the word. Very pretty and very inspiring.

14 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I'm out for the Lovely Bones as I think it mike spook me out (I spook easily). Mmm...ribbon candy... And yes, I do think of you when I see him too! I have two friends who are obsessed with Justin Timberlake and I associate them with him too! The 101 project is interesting, but I would have to think of free stuff too.

R.H. Ducky said...

thanks for mentioning the day zero project! i need to get my rear in gear and finish my list before the 1st.

and...

q: what's the difference between santa and tiger woods?

a: santa stops after 3 ho's

Barefoot_Mommy said...

The Lovely Bones is going to be a movie soon. I saw the previews and got all excited because we are doing the book discussion. Now I HAVE to read it before I go see the movie.

Daphne said...

I did enjoy The Lovely Bones, looking forward to the discussion! Ribbon candy is yummy -- that is sweet of Jay.

I need to renew my money goals/habits in January. The fall is birthday time and the holidays are expensive, and I'm starting to feel like I'm backsliding a little. Time to buckle down while we wait SOME MORE for T.'s disability to get approved! It's been over a year!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

You're my first thought whenever I see Alec Baldwin (or even one of his brothers). Day Zero Project sounds great...but I wonder if I'm up for it...

Maria Rose said...

Yep, I too think of you when I see Mr. Baldwin. I always wonder if you've seen the show or read the article I happen to be looking at and then I realize that you most certainly have.

Nowheymama said...

I want to see the movie, too!

Lia said...

If we were in the same town, I would happily go see that movie with you. Have fun!

Mari said...

I read the lovely bones, look forward to your discussion. I have to buy ribbon candy for John every Christmas, it's a must have in his world! Can't wait to see the new Alec movie, too!

Penny said...

I really liked that book, I think I read it in two days (while I was jobless) and I liked it more than I thought I would.

I saw that Alec Baldwin was going to be on David Letterman last night and I wanted to tell you, but then figured you already knew...

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I think you've been a bit deprived....You never heard of ribbon candy? You've probably never had a cavity either. (Personally, I think it looks better than it tastes, if that's any consolation). Enjoy your movie.

Dani said...

Jay is da man! Way to stack up those bonus points.

I don't mind your crazy if you can overlook mine.

kraftykash said...

I almost called you on Sunday night to say "Hurry, Alec is on 20/20." I hope you got to see it.
I have thought of you several times this wk and wished that you lived closer. :D

Tammie said...

not b: i understand. its a bit of a downer.

ducky: ha! my son had actually told me something similar. tiger grosses me out. ugh.

barefoot: i saw the previews the other night too. im trying to finish the book before i even give any thought to the movie.

daphne: i completely understand. i feel like i mostly stuck to my budget and didnt get crazy, but i still dont want to fall back into old habits. with me, it can happen quickly.

mag: i thought day zero was cool too. i find all the baldwin brothers fascinating, even stephen who i sometimes would like to punch in the face.

maria rose: in most cases i have. :)

nowhey: i know. alec , meryl streep, steve martinn...i hope its as good as it looks.

lia: wouldnt that be nice? i have no girl friends close by. i have to drag jay to everything. fortunately hes a good sport.

mari: i can see johns attraction.

penny: yes. i receive the Letterman show emails and usually dont read them but i just happened to click on one and saw hes going to be on. now i need to drink six pots of coffee. letterman is way past my bedtime.

jolly: i know right?! im wondering if its more popular up north. i had no idea what it was.

dani: yes. im especially forgiving when it comes to overlooking the crazy of others.

kash: POOP! i didnt see that! dammit. oh well. did you watch it?