Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vampire Crazies

I want to see New Moon. I do. But I'm going to have to wait a few weeks until the crazies all crawl back into their holes.

The other day I sat down at the computer all set to look at the most recent batch of entertainment photos on the Yahoo! page. I'm not a huge celeb junkie but occasionally I want to see what atrocity Brooke Hogan is wearing. I mean, don't we all?

Right now New Moon is dominating all of the entertainment news. Which is fine. I get it, it's a big deal. But the crazies are just everywhere and being so visible about it. Take a look at this picture of Kristin Stewart. Now look closely at the girl behind her:First off, she seems to be crying. Not how I would have handled the situation but whatever. What I find so disturbing is that she appears to be holding up a sketch she drew of Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart. What's more, it looks as if she has already stalked Robert Pattinson enough to get him to autograph the sketch.

The sad thing is, the above photo was on the cover of the Yahoo! entertainment section for a whole day. That girl, in all her crazy glory was, in a small way, momentarily infamous. Why didn't someone stop her? Why didn't someone tell her that the whole thing was a very bad idea? Why didn't someone tell her that the stars of her favorite movies probably aren't going to be flattered by her juvenile drawing? They'll probably just be creeped out.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely have some crazy in me. But I try to keep it hidden somewhat. For instance if (and I'm aware this is a BIG if) I ever meet Alec Baldwin, I hope I'm not wearing my Baldwin "straighten your ass out" shirt. I am aware of the slight creepiness of it. (However, I do have to admit that I want this Baldwin for President shirt.)

If I could give any advice to the younger generation of gals out there (and frankly, New Moon fans of all ages) it would be this: Please. Please. Hide your crazy a little better. Later on you'll be thankful you did.

18 comments:

Becky..AMHW said...

My husband really doesn't mind sleeping on my New Kids on the Block sheets and my Wil Wheaton pillowcases.

Not Hannah said...

I, personally, am having a hard time figuring out the RobPat/Kristen Stewart obsession. Both of them need to wash their hair, stand up straight, and maybe lay off the bong for a few days. Or, jeez, maybe just before movie premieres and interviews. (And yes, I realize that I sound like an old lady. But I felt that way about Ethan Hawke back in the Gen-X days, too.)

Penny said...

Honestly I don't get it...I have celeb crushes...but I don't get the full out stalking crazies...you don't even know these people, they are probably douches...

victoria said...

Check out the lady to the left. It looks like she's hiding her face. Now, she's got the right idea.

Daphne said...

There are two movie theaters within a one-mile radius of my house and I'm frightened of the opening night lines and craziness...

(but I will be seeing the movie on the 29th!)

R.H. Ducky said...

i want to see new moon as well, but i too am waiting.

i love that you said "the other day". i pretty much have no concept of time so everything happened to me "the other day". this could be an event from two days or two years ago.

i still feel crazy/creepy for my kristen stewart crush. but other than publicly admitting my crush on your blog, i think i hide my crazy pretty well.

Barefoot_Mommy said...

I want to see the movie too. I enjoyed all of the books and I admit, I went to see the first movie on opening night where it was sufficiently RUINED by all of the screaming mid-tweeny crazies!!! Every time a new character appeared on the screen I was teleported back in time to a high school pep rally right before the big game. I was SO MAD!!! All I wanted was to enjoy my embarrassing Twilight obsession in peace and quiet!!! LOL I have learned my lesson. I will be waiting at least a week to go and see it, if I don't just wait for it to come out on dvd

Hotch Potchery said...

My kid got to see the movie last night...she said it was great, but I am not into those movies (at this point, I think I will read the books over break).

I have huge celebrity crushes and I love seeing them in real life but I am way to shy to actually talk.to.them. or draw their pictures.

Mari said...

It's heating up here, might have to go take some pics if I'm up late!

Carla said...

Can't say I've gotten into those movies/books yet. Yet...
I somehow lost your feed from my blog so I've just caught up on the week. I saw on your junk food post that your picture contained Smarties. As far as I've been told those are quite Canadian so where did you get them?

Dani said...

Some people have no shame.

I have to read New Moon before I can see it. I finally saw Twilight when me and the fam had the swine. The Boy enjoyed it.

The Girl saw the commercial for New Moon and is now traumatized by the "wolf-lion".

Tammie said...

i had no idea they were canadian. they are delicious though i will say that. :) i got them at a newer grocery store here in town. on the "ethnic" aisle. when we took all the candy to the check out the cashier was like "i see you guys had fun on the ethnic aisle."

Shalet said...

But Edward is soooo cute! Ha.

I'm such an old fuddy duddy I can't imagine getting that worked up over anybody.

My 9-year-old wants to see the movie -- she saw Twilight. I expect we will wait for the DVD.

kraftykash said...

Brooke Hogan stole my pants! So rude!! LOL I want to see New Moon to, but was so disappointed in Twilight (the movie), that I REFUSE to pay theatre price. I will wait patiently til it comes out on video. BTW the girl in the crowd needs slapped around by her sketch, I will volunteer to do it. :D

Tammie said...

kash: literally, i just laughed out loud. arent they awful?! i was waiting for someone to comment on them.

Mother of Three said...

geez, she could have at least worn black panties. i have not yet read twilight.

Lia said...

I am not into the Twilight series. I haven't read any of them. I'm sure they must be good, but for some reason I'm just not interested.

I'm all for hiding your crazies, however.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I get the crushes but not the freaky stalker action. And drawing a picture? How old is she? Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite. Ha!