Sunday, October 18, 2009

Snuggie

My son is a bit of a dork. He knows it and we know it. So it was really no surprise when last winter he announced that he wanted a Snuggie.

What is a surprise, is that we finally caved and bought him one. Saturday morning the temperatures were in the fifties so he was able to lay on the back porch in total comfort with his comic book, his chihuahua, and his Snuggie.

I have a feeling that by the end of winter I'm going to really be sick of seeing my first born flop around the house in this cheap blue cloak. Although, I did try it on yesterday and I will admit it's comfortable, but wearing it made me feel quite unfashionable. And that's saying a lot, considering I haven't bought new clothes in almost a year and most of what I wear has food stains down the front.

13 comments:

Daphne said...

This is an awesome photo. The dog needs a Snuggie as well!!

Her Preppiness said...

Great photo

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I gave two Snuggies as Christmas gifts last year. One was a joke (except my friend loved it). I ordered them in early November and they were backordered due to high demand...barely arrived before St. Nick.

I think it's great that your son is snuggling with a comic book!

Barefoot_Mommy said...

LMAO- Our B is like that. She has been asking for a snuggie ever since the commercial aired last year. Only she's pretty insistent on the whole family getting them, along with the Oxy clean, the perfect brownie pan, the slider maker, and all the other info-mercial crap we apparently MUST BUY. She dreams of getting that perfect brownie pan and everytime I can't get something to come out of the baking pan she talks about it. LOL

Betts said...

Assure your son that one day dorks will rule the world. Actually, I think they already do... Bill Gates, for example.

Mari said...

Kids are hilarious! That is a great photo! I have to admit, I would have totally been into the snuggie at that age.

Dawn said...

The perfect brownie pan is great!
We use ours all the time.

Tammie said...

daphne: rest assured, the dog has a nice supply of sweaters to get her through the winter.

her preppiness: thank you :)

mag: did you see that they've come out with new, more *fashionable* colors like a leopard print? we just got this one at Bed Bath and Beyond though so the selection was slim.

barefoot: i love the oxyclean. i kinda want the brownie pan too.

betts: thats what im banking on. ;)

dawn: do you have the slider pan too? i kinda want it.

mari: i just hope he doesnt want to wear it in public like they don in the commercial.

beki said...

ha ha, this post cracks me up!

Dani said...

You are the first person that I know that has or has admitted to purchasing a Snuggie. Kudos to you.

I'm married to a dork. There is coolness in a certain kind of dork factor.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I have a Snuggie. I love it. I'm a dork and I know it!

Penny said...

I have to admit I made fun of Snuggies and Slankets A LOT but now I really think I want one.

Crystal said...

Hells yes.

I am putting snuggie down on my Christmas wish list.