Saturday, October 31, 2009

National Blog Writing Month:: Success

I did it.

Thirty one blog posts in as many days.

It was definitely a challenge, especially towards the end. This past week I completely lost all motivation and there were a few days I seriously considered surrendering, but I made it.

I've learned I'm not cut out for the everyday blogging life though. I started to feel cheap and sub-par, as if my blog was becoming like Wal-Mart: Big, and filled with stuff, but nothing that I would want to buy.

As you may have guessed, I'm taking the rest of the weekend off. I'm going to bake and eat peanut butter cup cookies and hang out with my kidlets and husband. I'll be back here next week sometime.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween.

13 comments:

Betts said...

Congratulations! I would never compare your blog to Walmart, but I laughed when you did.

Chris V. said...

Good for you! I started late but blogged daily, but I usually like to do 2-3 a week. That's enough!

Happy Halloween!
Chris Verstraete
Searching for a Starry Night, A Miniature Art Mystey - bff's, a missing mini painting and a nosy Dachshund = a fun kid's mystery!

The Soccer Moms' Guide to Wicca said...

I find if I don't blog every day, I'll stop blogging. So I make myself do it every day, even when I don't want to.

I'm glad you're not as compulsive as I am and can take the weekend off to make cookies and relax. Enjoy it!!

Happy Halloween,

Fae

Dani said...

Way. To. Go.

Impressive. And your blog was not like Walmart. I never saw a mutant wandering aimlessly through the posts.

Tammie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Barefoot_Mommy said...

those are going to be some awesome cookies! What a great way to celebrate your nablowrimo success!

alisha said...

congratulations! i looked forward to your posts every day - and i would never want to go to wal-mart every day :-)

Daphne said...

Great job! It was fun to see what you came up with every day. I'm not much for everyday blogging either.

beck said...

Well done! Have a great rest and hope your Halloween was fun xo ps. my friend blogged every day too but now whe can't stop!!

hester said...

You did a great job so congratulations for making it all the way through to the 31st. You have a real knack for writing so you should keep it up somehow. I'm sure you could write a column for the New York Times - just give them a call!

Penny said...

Wooo Hooo, good for you! I'll be sad I don't have someone to check in on every day! I was going to do the same thing for November, but I think I've already chickened out!

Hotch Potchery said...

Good for you! I am just starting my blog posting month today...I go with November (one less day)...

I just set up my DVR for your Millionaire show!!

Mari said...

Congratulations!