Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mildly Boring Sewing Post

A few weeks back I made the girl a pillowcase dress. I just got around to taking photos of it yesterday. She was in one of her moods so this is as good as it's going to get:Nice huh?

You really don't need to see the dress. It's a basic style that's hard to mess up. What makes it so awesome is that it's made from this Japanese Imported Storybook Fabric, which is adorable.

This is the second pillowcase dress I've made. (The first can be seen here.) I always use this very easy to follow tutorial. I love making these dresses. They're quick and easy and can be layered like crazy so as to be worn all year long. Do you think I could get away with wearing one myself?

I do want to mention that as I was about to attach the bias tape I remembered Karen's post from back in July. So I sewed the tape to the wrong side first and Wow....much easier than the way I had been doing it. But I never really doubted Karen, she's mildly obsessed with bias tape.

(Sorry if this post isn't as exciting as they usually are. Blogging everyday is hard. You have to expect a few clunkers.)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Yay! I'm glad it worked. So much less crying when you put the bias tape on backwards.

Barefoot_Mommy said...

SO CUTE! I really want to try making some clothes for my girl. I keep seeing all of this adorable hand made stuff on some of the locals and I always think: pfft... I could MAKE THAT. No need to pay crazy amounts of money at some specialty childrens store. I need to get some patterns asap. You wouldn't believe how much people around here would charge for something so simple to make for yourself.

Jessica said...

Those pillowcase dresses are always so cute!

Daphne said...

This might be a mildly boring post except for the utter hilarity of that photo. I can just imagine the scene.

(just kidding about the boring part)

Dani said...

Not boring at all. Great tip, cute dress.

On my list of things to sew that's as large as the deficit.