Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Because 'Douche' is Such a Great Word

Okay. I've written about these note cards before but it's been a while and I can't seem to find the post in my archives. (Actually, I didn't even look. My archiving skills are less than stellar and I really don't know where to even begin to look. Anytime another blogger links to an older post of mine, I'm always amazed and impressed that they had the fortitude to scour through a year and a half of mislabeled posts. While we're on this subject, has anyone noticed that according to my labels, I've written more about Alec Baldwin than I have my own husband. That can't be right. Can it?)

What was I talking about? Oh, right. The note cards.

The other day the husband and I went to Starbucks. He parked and ran in while I sat in the car playing with the satellite radio. I like to let him get things for me from time to time, not because I think I'm a princess, but because I know he enjoys working his inner hunter and gatherer. Even if evolution has brought us to the point where the only thing he's hunting is a Pumpkin Spice Latte. As I was flipping through the stations, a dirty skank pulled into the parking spot next to us and parked thisclose to the drivers side of our car. I knew that when Jay came with our drinks, he was going to be forced to squeeze himself into our vehicle. So I got out my little envelope and found the appropriate card, which was this one:
When Jay returned, I took the drinks, handed him the card, and he slyly slid it under her windshield wiper. And then we drove away laughing. (This was probably the highlight of our day.)

The note cards can be bought at the Wry and Ginger Etsy shop (look under Laminated Mini Notes) and are only $7 for a pack of eight. Which, when you think about it, is a small price to pay for the life renewing feeling you get by calling someone a douche, a cock, or an asshat and then running away before they have a chance to retaliate. That, my friends, is priceless.

25 comments:

Barefoot_Mommy said...

LMAO... okay... I really need some of those! That is awesome. Kudos to you and the hubby on that one. LOL

Penny said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Oh man I LOVE that.

Man, now I want a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and the other day I read your post and had to go get Pumpkin beer, thanks for encouraging my pumpkin habit!

(I met Alec Baldwin once, if you count the fact that he waved to me as "meeting.")

Tammie said...

barefoot: i highly suggest you buy them. really, the feeling i had yesterday was almost orgasmic.

penny: YES. i totally count that as a meeting. you are a lucky lucky lucky gal.
oh and pumpkin beer is awesome isnt it?

Hotch Potchery said...

I love saying Douche.

Now, I would leave the card, then park across the street to see the reaction when receivig said card.

Tammie said...

ha ha. we actually tried that but the area was packed and we couldnt get a good view. plus there was a garbage truck about to block us in and we didnt want to get caught.

Carla said...

I love it!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

OMG I am buying these right after I say a big fat THANK YOU!

While it won't take me long, I may just go out into the world just so I can hand them out....a douchebag is never far away.

Thanks Tammie!

Tammie said...

peg: i knew you'd love them.

and yeah, im thinking i may need to purchase a case of these cards.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I love those cards. I may have to get a few orders at once. On any given day I could probably go through 8 cards.

Daphne said...

Priceless. Those would come in very handy here the bay area! I also want one that says, "In what universe is your SUV a compact? (Douche!!)"

Tammie said...

ha ha ha...i could use a couple of those as well. i wonder if the folks at wry and ginger take suggestions?

Missy said...

Oh too funny!!!Now I have to go check out these cards, hehe.
And where oh where can I find pumpkin beer???
Wishing the nearest Starbucks wasn't an hour and a half away now, sigh....the joys of small town Alabama living.

Tammie said...

missy: i first found it at a smaller independent grocery store but i think its gaining in popularity because ive seen it in a few major stores as well. you may have to hunt it down but im pretty sure you'll be able to find it. if all else fails, hit the liquor store, if they dont have it im sure they could special order you some.

Nowheymama said...

I do remember the other post on these! I still love them.

Karen said...

1. You are my hero.
2. Now I know what to get my husband for the holidays.

alisha said...

omg. i love it. i need to get some of those. these chicagoans drive and park like a**holes.

Not Hannah said...

The best part is how you and the hubs were all giggly about it. Excellent.

Dani said...

LMAO!!!!!

Great post that we can all relate to.

I have to get me some of those cards. Because I adore the words cock and asshat. Douche is pretty good to...under-used in my vernacular. I'll have to use it more.

Betts said...

I think you need a new blog tag for this called "why didn't I think of that".

Not Your Aunt B said...

LOVE IT! Gotta get me some NOW!

Jessie Earth Momma said...

Tears. Literally tears. I love you!!!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

OMG, those are awesome! I do so love the word douche. Also, pumpkin spice lattes. Also, your new header.

Layrayski said...

Congratulations! YOu made a potentially highblood pressure situation and turned it into something playful and- awesome!

Crystal said...

I love it. Super fantastic!

Mari said...

Okay, I finally hauled my ass over there and bought some. Good thing we don't live in the same town, lol, or we could really traumatize people...!