Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apricot Bars

When I saw these Apricot Bars over on Daphne's blog, I knew I had to make them. I'm a sucker for anything with the oats/brown sugar combo. They were super easy to make and didn't call for any fancy ingredients. My bars could have probably stayed in the oven for a few more minutes. The recipe says to bake for 30-40 minutes and I took these babies out at about the 32 minute mark and they have more of a cobbler texture, whereas I was desiring something a bit crispier. But, no matter, they'll get eaten. They are mostly gone as I type this.

The recipe can be found over at The Pioneer Woman. I want to just take a moment to mention how thankful I am that I have blogging friends that regularly read The Pioneer Woman and share all of her best ideas with me. Don't get me wrong, I love The Pioneer Woman but I can't read her blog......every time I pop over there I lose hours of my life on that beautiful time suck. All those pictures and funny stories and recipes. Do you know she has a cook book coming out? I. Want. It.

9 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

I have to admit, I've never eaten apricot bars. They sound good, though. I will visit her blog!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Tammie said...

thanks for popping over helen. i was checking out your blog the other day. love your book reviews!

the apricot bars are delish. :)

Karen said...

Yes yes yes on oats + brown sugar. I need to bully somebody into making these for me, asap.

Not Hannah said...

I spent an entire week on Pioneer Woman reading her love story. My kids pretty much went without a mother, basically. I'm not sure I showered.

I love PW. Her photoshop actions are awesome. And she doesn't cuss. Is she even HUMAN???

Betts said...

They look delish. I'm looking for a good recipte for Date Bars, so if you see one of those, lead me to it.

Barefoot_Mommy said...

The apricot bars look delicious! I must try to make some.

P.S.- Thanks a lot for posting the link to PW's blog. As if I already didn't put off housework long enough reading blogs as it is..... *rolls eyes* LOL

Daphne said...

Those apricot bars are pretty addicting. Sorry to be a bad influence. I like her recipes because they are very simple and don't use expensive ingredients. Also, I'm part farm-girl and I appreciate plain good food. Yumz.

Nowheymama said...

I love apricot bars. Mmmm....

Dani said...

I LOVE apricot bars. You are tempting me...I am back on the diet wagon. You'll be reading about that in the next couple of days.

When I am back to my fighting weight I'll splurge and make these. They look mighty tasty.

Damn diet.