Monday, October 26, 2009

33

Yesterday was my birthday. I have to say that I assumed I'd have it all figured out by now. Yet, here I sit clueless as ever. That being said, I did have a really nice day.

Highlights:

*I slept in.

*When I woke up, the newspaper was handy and Jay had made homemade beignets and coffee.

*For lunch I had a BLT and a chocolate ganache cake, courtesy of my mom and the boyfriend.

*After the horribly caloric breakfast and lunch, I went for a walk with the husband, then came home and laid around on the couch watching 30 Rock dvd's and reading.

*Early afternoon I opened a package of Runts candy, and there wasn't a single banana one. Score! I hate banana candy.

*Later on I went to the mall and bought myself some new long sleeve tee shirts, totally breaking the no-new clothes resolution from the beginning of the year. (I haven't mentioned it much here lately but I've been really good about not buying new clothes this year. All in all I've only bought 6 new clothing items: a pair of pants, the two tee shirts I bought yesterday, and three short sleeve tee shirts at the beginning of the summer. I don't believe these six items totalled $100.)

*I didn't have to yell at or threaten either child all day long. In fact, older child worked pretty hard to make the day peaceful.

To sum it up, I had a very sweet, low key day with my family. The only thing that pissed me off was that no one thought to bring me Alec Baldwin. I waited. All day.

Now today, the plan is to exercise, try to avoid the remaining evil cake in the fridge, and work on having it all figured out by the time I'm 34. Any words of advice?

18 comments:

~Missy~ said...

Sounds like a terrific birthday to me, other than not getting Alec Baldwin, of course ;~)
The only thing I've got figured out (at 38) is that I really wish I knew even a 1/4 of what I "thought" I knew back at 18.
*Big Smiles and happy birthday plus a day*

alisha said...

happy birthday!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

victoria said...

Hey!! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a peaceful, special day. I think I may be regressing so I haven't any advice. ;-)

Crystal said...

Happy birthday!! I sounds like you had a pretty great one.

I haven't a clue what the hell I am doing. I thought, as you, that I would have it together by the 30s, but I feel like a kid playing grown up most of the time.

Penny said...

We have very close birthdays! I just turned 33 on the 10th! I'm glad you had a nice day!

I have really been interested in your religion posts. I'm always fascinated by stories of people who grew up in very religious families. My husband did as well (church of christ) and he no longer practices any religion, nor do I...

Daphne said...

What a great day! If I could have given you Alec on a platter, I would have. I'm two years older than you and I have to say, have nothing figured out. *shrug* All I have noticed is that I care less and less about figuring it out, so that's a plus.

Aleta said...

Aren't October Birthdays the best?! I'll be rounding the sun 40 times on Oct 28th and still don't have it figured out. I'm hoping for a nice relaxing birthday. Your's sounded wonderful!

Dani said...

Sounds like a grand day. Good for you.

All figured out? Not in your dreams. If you do figure it out let me know.

Betts said...

Sounds like a great day. And don't bother trying to figure it all out. Just when you do, all the rules change. It's futile.

Barefoot_Mommy said...

Happy Birthday! If I had known ahead of time I might have been able to arrange something with Mr. Baldwin. LOL

hester said...

Sounds like a great birthday - especially the sleeping in part and the part where people gave you yummy things to eat.

I think you have the important stuff figured out and are pretty damn cluey for 33.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I'm totally unqualified to give advice of any kind. :P

Tammie said...

thanks so much for all the birthday wishes everybody. :)

barefoot: well now you know for next year.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a great day and your lunch sounds perfect!

Nowheymama said...

Happy Birthday! Still trying to figure things out at 35....

Not Hannah said...

Crap. Did Alec not get there in time? I KNEW that UPS guy was lying.

Heh. My advice:

1. Ask lots of questions.
2. Carry a notebook with you at all times.
3. Laugh.

Becky..AMHW said...

Happy Birthday!