Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Short List of Random Thoughts

Sigh.

Can we just discuss for one moment how tired I am of cleaning up vomit? In case you can't guess, I'm really, really tired of it. After about five days of being "better," my son had another bout of illness. Fortunately, it didn't last long, but I have to say that this years cold and flu season has already completely destroyed my will to live. As for myself, I feel as if my body has been fighting something off all week. Please, no.

In other news:

*As previously mentioned, on Tuesday I went Alec shopping and one of the dvd's I bought was Lymelife. We watched it that night and it was funny and sad and dark and had an ending that was completely torturous and unfulfilling. I loved it. Even the man liked it since it reminded him of growing up in New Jersey.

*I know I haven't reviewed a book in a while, but I have been reading. The most recent book that I finished was Malcolm Gladwell's Blink. It was all about how the mind makes judgements and decisions about things within just a few seconds, often without us even being aware of it. One of the most revealing parts of the book for me, was when I took the skin tone preference test that Gladwell mentioned. (I urge you to take the test, I'm positive your results will be eye opening.) I thought that the book dragged at times, but ultimately it was fascinating.

Right now I'm reading Mississippi Sissy and I hope to review it here when I'm finished.

*It's science fair time at the my son's school. I'm going to be blunt: I have absolutely no desire to help my son with this project. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to help him and I'm going to try to make it fun, because I'm a parent and that's what we do. But I'm not going to enjoy it.

8 comments:

Barefoot_Mommy said...

*laughs* Good luck with that science project

hester said...

So sorry to hear there has been more vomiting. Such a nightmare! I hope everyone stays well (so you can really enjoy that science project!)

Daphne said...

Perhaps a science project on what cleaning solvent works best on vomit?

Dani said...

I like Daphne's science project idea.

Science projects suck. I blogged about our science project, Eppard, earlier this year. He was a toy with 8 movable parts made from recyclable materials. This was a first grade project.

I had nightmares about that damn project.

Barefoot_Mommy said...

lmao Daphne! I think that's a wonderful idea!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I recently saw a science project on FAIL blog title "Worms in the Microwave". Does that peak your interest?

Tammie said...

daphne: i definitely have enough experience and supplies for that one!

cyndy: as if i didnt already feel sick to my stomach....

kraftykash said...

Sorry to hear the boy is sick again. That sucks! Hang in there sister...it can only get better, right?

Have the boy make slime or something fun like that. If all else fails google it!

Keep you chin up!