Thursday, September 17, 2009

Egghead

This is Egghead.

I don't know why Egghead is so angry. Maybe it's because he's missing an arm and his one good arm is stuck on his hip all feminine like. Maybe he thinks it's sending the wrong message. I don't know.

Jay picked Egghead up when we were thrifting a few weeks back. He was 40 cents. I almost didn't buy him because I heard the creepy, middle aged, male cashier say that the money from all the sales at this particular thrift store goes to support religious missionaries. I really don't want to support something like that but I figured the missionaries couldn't mislead too many people with my forty cents. Still, I don't think I'll be returning to that thrift store. The cashier really did give me the heebie jeebies. I felt as if he kept staring at me and making judgments about me based on my extremely short hair. Frankly, I don't care about the opinions of the fanatically religious, but I just didn't feel welcome and I won't be going back.

Anyway. Back to Egghead. He was purchased because the boy likes to eat soft boiled eggs and we had no egg cups. It's never occurred to me to purchase egg cups but now I'm seeing cute ones everywhere. (Like here.)

I uploaded Egghead's picture because I was thinking of making him my new header photo, but now I'm not so sure. I don't know if I want to look at that scowl and those arched eyebrows every time I click on my blog. My blog is in a state of limbo at the moment. I'm so sick of the header photo since its theme is clearly summer and mentally that isn't where I'm at. But yet it's not quite fall here so I don't have any better images to replace it with. You may have to keep looking at that beach scene until mid-October. Please direct all complaints to Mother Nature.

13 comments:

Barefoot_Mommy said...

lol, it's not exactly fall yet here either.... it's still too hot and muggy.. so i just used a pic from last year.

The egghead is cute, though!

Margaret said...

yes but grey and dreary would make a really lousy picture.

It's been raining like I'm living in Seattle instead of VA

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I always like a beach shot...no matter what the season is. I think Egghead is pretty cute.

Dani said...

Poor Egghead.

The conundrum you are describing is exactly why I don't have a header. It would be one more thing for me to fret over.

I am not a fan of boiled eggs...hard or soft. Yet I totally dig egg cups. What do I do with that?

Hotch Potchery said...

We moved to Germany when I was 7 and had to stay in a hotel for 3 weeks while we waited for housing and during that stay I fell MADLY in love with soft boiled eggs. I am a 3 minute gal myself. I don't ever make them because I love them with hard rolls and that is TOO many points.

Daphne said...

Egghead looks mad. Maybe he should be your new cranky-posts mascot.

kraftykash said...

40 cents is a steal for egghead...I think hes handsome. :) As for the creepy guy, maybe he liked your pixie hairdo, and was making a mental pic on how to get his cut. Just kidding! :o)

Nowheymama said...

I would love to have a set of egg cups. That is all.

Tammie said...

barefoot: none of my last years pics are doing it for me. i may resort to that though.

margaret: true.

dani: i know! im thinking of going the headerless route. and i didnt use to be a fan of the soft boiled egg, but lately im loving them with just a pinch of salt.

hotch: yep, we are three minute folk around here. the perfect egg.

daohne: i really need to do something with him.....

kash: you may be on to something ;)

nowhey:and i agree!

Jem said...

Idea!: Check out his eyes. They don't look angry. Nor does his mouth. He looks more like a displeased yet loving mother. Here's the idea; do a series with him! "things the man with one arm doesn't approve of/dislikes/finds amusing.....

PS. It doesn't ALWAYS rain in Seattle. Its misty. It makes for a constant year round green. And that is worth it.

Mari said...

He does look a little judgemental... or maybe just mental, but I like the header!

Tammie said...

mari: maybe he spent far too much time in that conservative thrift store.

Maria Rose said...

Why is it that the staff at mission thrift stores are always the creepiest? At our local one they hand out free popcorn and by hand out I mean they try and push it on you. It makes me very nervous...