Thursday, September 3, 2009

Baldwin. Pumpkins. Fall.

It's been like a ghost town around my blog lately, hasn't it? For that I apologize. I'm still working on adjusting to my new schedule, plus Jay has taken a few vacation days. And who has time to blog when their husband is home? I have had a lot floating around in my head though, just no time to type it all out. We'll have to settle for this abbreviated list of sorts:

*First off, thanks so much to everyone who participated in the discussion on The Poisonwood Bible. I loved it, thought it was fun, and I'd like to do it again sometime. Maybe we could all choose a book together, have a month or two to read it, and then discuss it here?

*I had a really nice Alec Baldwin dream last night, which I'm not going to share with you people but rest assured it was very satisfying. I woke up in a good mood(a rarity for me-I'm not a morning person) and I'm going to do my best to hold on to this feeling all day. I put my dress on and I plan on spending my day as if I have no cares in the world. We'll see how this goes.

*Speaking of Alec Baldwin, Lymelife and the third season of 30 Rock come out on the 22nd of this month. Which is also the first official day of fall and, as I've been told by my local Starbucks folk, the day I will be able to get my beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte. I've decided that September 22 is going to be my best day ever and god help the person that tries to screw it up.

*I saw Pumpkin Beer in the store the other day. I love fall.

*My mother's boyfriend is moving in with us. Today, actually. Do you remember me mentioning last month that there were plans in the works to lighten her financial load? Well, this is part of the plan. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly and no massive fights erupt. For my part, Bitch Tammie is well hidden and I'm on my best behaviour. At least for today.

I have a busy day ahead of me. Hopefully I won't become a miserable, emotional wreck. If I find myself slipping into crazy territory, I'll just close my eyes and silently say Baldwin. Pumpkins. Fall. and maybe I'll return to my happy place. You know, just like the way Dorothy needs to say There's no place like home at the end of The Wizard of Oz. Only I'm nothing like Dorothy and my life is more like a white trash soap opera than a beloved family classic.

18 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I am partial to egg nog lattes myself!!!

You are a better daughter than I...I was having heart palpitations with the thought of my mom living with us, let alone her boyfriend.

Daphne said...

Hugs!! Pumpkin lattes and Baldwin thoughts make Tammie a happy girl. Just stick with those.

Nowheymama said...

Wow on the boyfriend. That seems...fast.

Layrayski said...

haha thanks for linking the dress, I missed that one.

Good luck on the mom/boyfriend thing!*hugs!*

yay for the husband staying at home.

and about the book discussion? =P *sniffles*

Mari said...

I think you deserve to have Alec Baldwin himself on your doorstep September 22nd with a pumpkin spice latte in his well-manicured hand.

Daphne said...

I love Mari's comment. I second that.

Aleta said...

Good luck with the additional person living there. It's never an easy thing. Just keep thinking of all the things that make you happy and count blessings. That helps a bunch. And when all else fails, BLOG it out! Hehe

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I agree with Mari. I'm going to mark my calendar to raise my glass to you on Sept 22--Tammie Day!

Glad you had a good celebrity crush dream!

Barefoot_Mommy said...

Oooh... Pumpkin latte! Yum! I love the fall as well and am enjoying that things are actually beginning to cool off a bit around here. I can taste Fall. My house is already all decked out in pumpkins, gourds and other fall things. I couldn't wait for the first day.

Dani said...

Congrats on the dream. I have been so comatose at night that my dreams are about sleeping.

I wish I could have participated in the book discussion. It's a great book. But it has been a while since I read it and it's a little deep for my current state of mind. I finished Twilight and it was perfect. I need a good long dream about Edward.

I would love to have a group read. Consider me game.

Fall. Looking forward to it. But we have a ways to go here in Houston.

Good luck on the living arrangements. I can't imagine. If you need to vent or have a Blog Land Happy Hour, you know where to find me.

Tammie said...

hotch: i like the egg nog lattes too. as for the boyfriend: im keeping my fingers crossed.

daphne: thank you. it wasn't a bad day actually. i only had to recite my mantra a few times. :)

lyra: thank you. :)

mari: sigh. can you imagine?!! with my luck id probably answer the door in some very unflattering pajamas.

aleta: thanks...and yes...what would i do without my blog?!?!

mag: thanks!

barefoot: i know. i feel the same way. everyday i go outside and say "it feels like fall, doesnt it?" my family is like "no. its 89 degrees and humid." if i dream it, it will come.

dani: you should try and read the rest in the series.they are good mindless books.
i hoping the living arrangements are painless. alcohol helps though.

beck said...

Hi Tammie, I love your posts, they always make me laugh and I enjoy hearing about your life. Glad you had a dream that made you smile, we all need those kind of dreams! Good luck with your mums boyfriend, hope all goes well. Not sure about the whole pumpkin latte thing..sounds weird to this australian but you go for it. Whatever rings your bell honey! I'm in for the group read too, will keep an eye out to see what you are all reading xo

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I had pumpkin bread this morning. Mmmm.
I hope it all works out with your mom's boyfriend moving in. I'm having issues with my friend who's staying with us right now. *sigh* it's never easy.

Sarah12730 said...

I wanted to let you know I got your card, and it made me feel so special getting something out of the mailbox that WASN'T from someone trying to get money from me. I really hope your drama settles down. I hate that feeling when the drama just won't seem to quit. Also, I have a feeling there's going to be some going on around us pretty soon, and there's just not much I can do about it, since it's not MY drama. Ugh. Why do families have to be so difficult sometims? Regardless, look forward to your Pumpkin Spice Lattes, the cooler weather (yay!), and all the husband days off you can handle. They will all come in their own time.

kraftykash said...

Bladwin pumpkins fall.....I like that. I will think of my own 3 words, cuz I need some right now. Ive never had the spiced pumpkin lattee, heard alot about it. Ever tried a Chai tea latte?

Maria Rose said...

Ooo, I love your mantra!

Not Your Aunt B said...

I agree with Mari! And on the off chance it should happen, have the dress ready so you can throw it on at a moment's notice. And yay for husband vacation days (that doesn't sound quite right, but you know what I mean).

hester said...

This was such a classic Tammie post! I love your mantra. I might have to make up one of my own. I hope you had a brilliant day and that the new housemate is settling in nicely.