Monday, July 6, 2009

Listing

Eating :: Anything that doesn't require the use of the oven. Giada's popcorn, black eyed peas salad, and this salt and vinegar potato salad have all been recent hits. Also, the boy can usually sweet talk me into turning the oven on long enough to make a cobbler of some sort.When served with organic, fat free yogurt it becomes healthy, right?

Working on :: The french doors that have sat unpainted since being installed over a year ago.Two doors. Fifteen glass panels on each side. That's a lot of taping and a lot of painting with a very small brush. I'm pleased to announce that the side facing the kitchen/dining room is now complete. It took me only three days.

(Jay and I are slowly trying to tackle all the small, inexpensive projects that will need to be done before we put the house on the market. This particular project should really have been finished a long time ago. It wasn't that difficult, just tedious.)

Playing around with :: Diptychs.

As if I needed yet another reason to sit at the computer ignoring the children.

(This Flickr group has some beautiful examples of diptychs.)

Reading :: All Together Dead. This is the seventh book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I usually enjoy these books. They are mindless, silly reading. I don't like to over analyze them but I must say this one is about to put me over the edge. A lot of it seems too silly and implausible. Plus, the introduction of characters from another dimension is just too much for me. I'm going to keep reading though because the author writes sex scenes really well.

Living in :: Squalor apparently. These children have destroyed my house. I'm anxiously awaiting fall.

15 comments:

House Raising Pasadena, TX said...

Awesome blog!

<3 Lindsay

Mari said...

I love painting french doors, did it once, the results are so crisp, it's a very satisfying project!

beki said...

Oh gosh, we have so many little unfinished projects around the house it's pitiful! One day we'll get around to them :)

Dani said...

Yes. Cobbler is healthy...with or without yogurt. God called me and said so.

The painting looks good. So do the pictures. I am an idiot...exactly how do you do the dual picture thing?

The only solution I have found to keep the squalor at bay is to throw myself into my most time consuming hobby: picking up after The Offspring. I hate that hobby...almost as much as laundry.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Aren't cobblers healthy on their own because of the fruit?! I'm going to check out the oven-free recipes. Hey, I've got an award coming your way as soon as I post on my blog...I'm a bit lazy this Monday morning.

Maria Rose said...

I like your diptychs.

CT said...

Oh those little itty bitty stuff you have to do but don't because they bore your brain to death are the worst! LOL! funny how they turn out to be the ones you are most proud of... Glad you tackles half of it already! go Tammie!

Can I have some cobbler???

Daphne said...

You are so funny. Excellent artistry in all things -- photos, baking, painting...

kraftykash said...

I think its great you all are getting the house ready. Thats got to be kind of exciting & overwhelming all in one. We are preparing for a garage sale. Me and my big ideas. haha The cobbler looks great, & for the record Ive thought several times on how to ship my boy away for the summer. SHHH...dont tell anyone! But dont be surprised if he lands on your door step. ;o)

Betts said...

We need an after photo of the doors. I have a picket fence that needs painting... another pain-in-the-butt project. BTW, I right there in squalor with you.

Tammie said...

mari: yeah, i gotta say that the finished product was well worth it.

dani: i hate laundry. really really hate it.

sitting on the mood swing: thank you in advance. i understand the lazy feeling.

maria rose: thank you. quite a compliment coming from you. :)

kash: i swear to god if you send me another male mouth to feed, our friendship is OVER!!!

Tammie said...

betts: the doors are in one of the darkest spots of my house but ill see what i can do.

Nowheymama said...

Salt and vinegar potato salad?! Just like my favorite chips?!?!? Yeessss....

Aleta said...

I've read all the Sookie books - love them! Have you seen the HBO series based on the books, "True Blood." It's slightly off from the book, but what movie/show follows a book to the tee.

Sounds like you're getting a lot accomplished.

Tammie said...

nowhey: you would love this. and i think it would be good (safe) for your entire family.

aleta: i havent but i want to. im planning on renting the first season.