Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's the Best Policy

Honesty, that is.Maggie over at Sitting on the Mood Swing at the Playground has given me an award. The rules state that I have to link back to the person who gave the award, list ten truths about myself, and then pass it on. Let the fun begin.

1. My first crush ever was in kindergarten. The object of my affection was the smartest boy in class, Moses. Sadly for me, it was a case of unrequited love. Even sadder for me, this was precedent setting, as most future crushes would prove to be one sided.

2. I'm honest to a fault. If I say something, it's the truth---or at the very least what I believe to be the truth at that time. I'm never manipulative when it comes to what I say and I never play mind games. I just can't be dishonest. It's not who I am. I expect the same of those around me.

3. I could watch Spongebob Squarepants over and over again. Day after day. I find it very relaxing.

4. Whenever Jay and the boy clean out the car, they always bring me all the candy they found behind and under the seats and they dare me to eat it. I usually do. Especially if it's Skittles.

5. I don't believe in god anymore. I feel I should say more about this....I don't want it to seem as if I'm just throwing that statement out there to elicit a certain reaction or to start a discussion. I have no interest in arguing theology with anyone. The experiences I've had in my life have led me to my conclusion. Others may have experiences that lead them somewhere else and that's fine. It just isn't the path for me. I spent half my life having faith. It got me nowhere and gave me nothing but a bad feeling. I've now moved on. (I hope my more spiritual readers aren't offended by this because that's certainly not my intention. To each his own, live and let live, etc...)

6. I would love to someday vacation in the Hamptons. (A week in any of these homes would be fine.)

7. I think Chuck Schumer is the sexiest US Senator.

8. I'm incredibly impatient.

9. My best friend in the third grade was a girl named Amber. I stopped being friends with her when I saw her pick her nose and wipe it on the underside of her desk.

10. I can almost fit into my eleven year old son's jeans. Jay joked that if I jogged more and gave up booze I could probably wear them. That's never gonna happen.

Well, there you have it. I'm an impatient, godless, liberal lush. If there was ever a blog post that was buying me a one way ticket straight to hell, I suppose this would be it. I'm not going to tag anyone because I know some of you don't like this type of thing but if you want to play along, please do. I'd love to know more about you. Who do you think is the sexiest US Senator?

13 comments:

Daphne said...

I love that you are a godless lush. Long live lushes! I would do this one tonight but I have a kitty on my lap and she is not wanting a computer resting on her. Funny, that.

Mari said...

Ahh, ha ha ha, Chuck Schumer! You kill me! I'm too tired to post more, I'll be back to haunt you tomorrow...

melissa s. said...

hmmm, i'm pretty suspicious that there are no alec baldwin confessions included in your list...?

Tammie said...

daphne: yes, im glad you let your kitty relax. :)

mari: im anxiously awaiting the haunting.

melissa s: if i could make 99% of my blog posts be about baldwin, i would. but i worry that its starting to bore everyone. plus, i dont really know if i have anymore secrets to reveal in that area.

kraftykash said...

That is one of the many things I love about your blog, your honesty. I have to beg & complain to get the boys to clean my car. That is funny that they get you to eat the candy!!
Growing up religion was shoved down out throats & left a bad taste. Recently Ive ran into some of those people on Facebook. Some of them are still as judgemental as they were then. It ircks me!

Dani said...

A lush is a nice person to have around. I admire your honesty. It is the best policy, but the most difficult policy to uphold.

CT said...

I love the fact that you are so honest, Tammie! and also, that we are friends who respect each other's beliefs :D I must say, that I concur with Melissa. I was expecting something Alec Baldwin related... oh and I saw this and thought of you!!! you'll love it!!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/stephen_baldwins_personal

Tammie said...

i agree ct. sometimes the differences are the best part of the friendship. i love reading about your faith and all that you do within your religion.

apparently im just going to have to work more baldwin into the blog. sigh. oh the horror. ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Senator Schumer? Hmmm.....now that was shocking! While I don't find him sexy by looking at him he may be if I knew him and what he stood for. But I only know him as a NY Senator so he is Democrat and in my book you're off to a good start there! I would go out on a limb and say sexier than Hillary though.

Love your honesty Tammie - wish more people felt the same. I always say I would rather be hurt with honesty than hurt by a lie.
Hugs-

Tammie said...

ha...although i like hillary, i would have to agree... hes definitely sexier than she is.

i suppose it says something about me that i even have a sexiest US senator. im a bit of a news dork.

hester said...

I loved this post, Tammie (and may have to steal the idea as I am OUT of ideas for my blog). I know exactly how you feel about God and if I could find any chocolate in the back of our car, I'd eat it.

Tilly said...

OMG I can't stand Spongebob - lol! It drives me crazy! I do love Skittles though - do you get the sour ones in the US? I, too, would probably eat the one's from the car!

Rachel said...

Perfect :)