Friday, July 24, 2009

Gratitude Friday :: A Small Bit of Winning

A few weeks back when I said I never win anything, I wasn't exaggerating. Up until I won the shirt from Mag, I couldn't remember ever winning anything. After much thought, I think my last winning moment was when I was a teenager and entered a writing contest in Sassy magazine. I received honorable mention and won a stack of cd's. (I still regularly listen to one, The Melrose Place Soundtrack. Hey, where else am I going to hear Letters to Cleo?)

It's not that I don't try to win. I enter contests left and right and have nothing against filling out forms or surveys to earn the chance at a prize. A few years back I even joined Wondertime Magazine's reader panel because they had drawings for cash prizes. In some horrible twist of fate, I won $50 but was never able to contact the woman in charge to claim my prize. I sent dozen and dozens of emails to her and various others at Wondertime, never to hear back from any of them. As malicious as it sounds, I have to say I felt a small bit of joy when Wondertime folded. I felt like sending that woman an email that read, "Suck it! You have to find a new job!" But she probably wouldn't have read it anyway.

So why am I writing all this? Well, because lately I have been winning. There was the shirt from Mag, and the owl print from Daphne, and then last week I was a winner over at Mommy Coddle. I won a print from Presto Bingo. (In case you're wondering, I chose the Whooo is There print. I seem to have a thing for owls lately.)

As an almost life long loser, I have to say I could get used to this winning thing. Now if only all the luck from my blog world winnings could seep over into my real life, it would be much appreciated.

8 comments:

kraftykash said...

WOW! Congrats girl! I need to have you pick my lottery numbers. ;o)
Hope all is well in your household. My son has the best luck ever. Most things he enters, he wins.

Nowheymama said...

I was on the Wondertime panel, too. :)

Congrats!

Dani said...

I never win anything either. So congrats on your new found streak.

Mari said...

I won something once- it turned out to be one of those "work on your relationship with your man" kind of books, only with a christian twist. It is now a doorstop in my garage!

Layrayski said...

Winning is awesome! I think I only won once in my lifetime. I got a coffee mug.

You should take advantage of this winning streak you have. =)

Maria Rose said...

Cool, Sassy Magazine. Are you tempted to put that on the top of your resume? That's awesome!

Tammie said...

mari: i love you! i suppose a door stop will do until you get a bird who needs it's cage lined.

lyra: ive missed you!

Betts said...

WoooHoooo! That's owl talk for congrats on your wins. I love owls too.

You got me thinking that I should do a give-away on my blog. Maybe once school starts.