Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things I'm Into Right Now

*Urban Unicorns Go. Click the link. It will only take a minute. It's beautiful and creepy.

*Afternoon AlcoholBy mid afternoon it's usually already in the low nineties. This oppressive heat is made much more bearable with the occasional strawberry daiquiri or icy beer. I'm trying to not make this a daily thing.

*Yo Gabba Gabba with Jack Black
My daughter has loved Yo Gabba Gabba since the beginning. But now she has a full on obsession with the episode with Jack Black. She sometimes watches it over and over for hours. She's even informed me that she will be marrying Jack Black.
I don't think Jack should be all that flattered though because she also told me she's going to marry a red melamine plate with a dog on it. Her standards are obviously quite low. (Note: Yo Gabba Gabba is also much more bearable with a strawberry daiquiri or icy beer.)

*Mama Chic Wrist Cuff
Tuesday I made two of these with fabric scraps. I hated both of them. It wasn't until I started slicing into some of Jay's neckties that I was able to make one I'd actually wear.I plan on making a few more as soon as Jay directs me to the neckties that can be sacrificed in the name of creativity. (The tutorial can be found here, which I was directed to when reading this.)

*Beer Run
I challenge you to watch this two minute video and then not go around humming the tune the rest of the day.

13 comments:

Carla said...

Mmmm - frozen daquiri on a hot day! I'm with you on that one.

Daphne said...

Urban unicorns: creepy. And wonderful. I was just talking to a coworker this morning about this seriously creepy book I'm reading right now, and she's like, "I don't even want to hear about it, it's making my stomach hurt" so then I thought, what is wrong with me? But maybe underneath all my sweetness I have a deep dark disturbing core. That's the part that likes those creepy photos. (wow, I am weird today. Please ignore me)

Tammie said...

i think im loving the urban unicorns because they seem like something that would be in a de lint book. i could totally see them inhabiting the city of newford.

Dani said...

The Urban Unicorns gave me the heebie-jeebies. But maybe they wouldn't if I had a nice cold adult beverage in my hand.

I LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba. It is one of the kids' shows that I will stop and watch instead of tune-out. The songs are so crazy and singable. I want a CD.

Tell your daughter that sometimes a plate is a better match for a husband. Sometimes.

Thanks for the link. Aren't they great? So quick and easy. I adore instant gratification!

Tammie said...

the gabba songs are awesome arent they?! in all honesty the show doesnt bother me that much, especially in comparison to something like Dora or Diego, which i think are just terminal.

i love the cuffs! the hardest part for me was finding fabric scraps to make them with. most of my fabric either has too large a print to look good on a small patchwork project, or was originally bought with my daughter in mind and just isnt *me*. the ties were the answer though.

Nowheymama said...

I want a photo of you modeling the wrist cuff!

Daphne said...

You are totally right! They are absolutely de Lint!

Betts said...

Yum... alcohol before 5pm sound devine. I'm trying to cut back though. It could be part of my 8lb winter weight gain.

Mari said...

I am still waiting for heat here. It has been abnormally cold. When it warms up, I will welcome a drink!

Tammie said...

are you serious mari?!?! man. im jealous. it was 95 today!!!

melissa s. said...

has your daughter seen jack black on sesame street? it's a good one. and yes, I am a tad bit obsessed with celebrity-clad sesame street episodes these days.

Not Your Aunt Bea said...

Are we twins?

The unicorns are beautiful and creepy.

This week has been smoothie week at our house and I have been, ahem, adding a little something extra in mine. I agree. With temps in the 90s (almost 100 here) you gotta stay cool.

I love Yo Gabba Gabba. We are huge fans. Though Miss A's favorite episode is "dance". I do like the one with Jack Black too. I just like that show!

And you are motivating me to pull out the sewing machine. I took a break from sewing as I just had no time, but seeing the cuff makes me long for the fun stuff I used to make.

Aleta said...

Hmm, I couldn't pull up the link for Urban Unicorns for some reason. Darn.

Oh, that strawberry daiquiri looks SO good. You're right, it's miserably oppressive. I shouldn't have been born in the South. I much prefer the cooler weather!

That's so funny about cutting up the ties. That's creative!

Hope you have a great weekend!