Friday, June 19, 2009

Random Thoughts

*Have you seen the crazy delicious, super easy ice cream recipe over on This Vintage Chica? Holy hell I highly recommend it. The boy and I made it yesterday and we both are in agreement how it's totally out of this world.I know it looks like plain old cookies and cream ice cream, but it's way creamier. I love how by breaking the Oreos yourself you have more control over the gunk factor of your ice cream. Personally, I like my ice cream extra gunky, with a lot of crumbs plus big hunks I can really sink my teeth into.

*Jay and I have really been getting our money's worth out of the $9.99 we send to Blockbuster.com on a monthly basis. We've been plowing through at least one, but sometimes two movies a week. The problem is, they've all been kinda so-so. There was Wednesday nights Feast of Love, which wasn't terrible but afterwards just felt like a waste of time to me. Then before that was Melinda and Melinda. I usually love Woody Allen films and this one had some good parts and a decent story but Will Ferrell's character was hard to swallow. He played this neurotic, whiny, doofus and I basically felt like through the whole movie he was just doing a bad Woody Allen impersonation. It was difficult to look past.

I think that at the heart of the issue right now is the fact that I just really want to see Lymelife and nothing else. (When will I get to see this movie? It was never in a theatre near me and I have no idea when it's coming out on dvd. Sigh. Mari-You're my link to all things movie related, do you know anything about this one?)

*Speaking of Will Ferrell.....and we were, weren't we? Did you know he has his own brand of sunscreen with the proceeds from all sales going to charity? I'm thinking of maybe purchasing the Forbidden Fruit variety. It's my usual SPF 30, plus it's cheaper than the stuff I normally buy. I don't know why I'm so enthralled with this sunscreen since I think that Will Ferrell actually has the ugliest body I've ever seen, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about it.

*With both kids home, I've not had nearly enough time for crafting. It's making me cranky.

12 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I feel the same way about not having enough writing time during the summer.

We just started watching The Sopranos from the beginning because we are the only people on earth who haven't seen this show. Even my in-laws have the whole series on DVD.

My word verification is "dreck."

Mari said...

Lymelife sounds really good. It came out in May, so I would think you could rent it in the next few months. I didn't realize it was produced by Scorcese. Plus, it's an Alec fest!

Tammie said...

nowhey: ive never seen the sopranos either although jay has.

your word verification is offensive to my blog. ha

mari: ooh thank you. i couldnt find anything. the only info i could find was when it was at sundance which was not helpful to me. im really looking forward to it.

Becky..AMHW said...

I'm pasty...I'm buying.

Mari said...

I found an estimate of a september release on dvd.

Tammie said...

mari: that seems so far away.

becky: ha ha...its oddly intriguing isnt it?

Eren said...

So glad you liked the icecream! I like mine extra chunky too ;)

Betts said...

That ice cream looks great. I'll have to make some ice cream to share soon. I owe you some frozen delciousness after the milksnake/milkshake mix up. LOL

Dani said...

I am in need of an ice cream fix. It has been one of those weeks...I need to drown myself in a milk-sugar combo.

hester said...

Icecream looks fantastic, but what actually is "coolwhip"? Maybe it goes by another name in Australian supermarkets.

Tammie said...

hester...oh i love it when you and i stumble upon words we dont know from each others respective homes. its so interesting.

cool whip is a light weight whipped topping used on desserts and sometims fruits. cool whip is actually the brand name...the more generic term is whipped cream.

hester said...

Yep.....we have whipped cream here! I think we have oreos too these days so now I'm all set.

I'm glad you don't mind me interrogating you about the American language! The differences fascinate me too.