Friday, June 26, 2009

Gratitude Friday:: Liz Lemon

We've had Liz Lemon for almost two months now. She very quickly made herself a part of this family.

We were never aiming to replace Lulu, and we haven't. I still miss her. As silly as it sounds, sometimes I swear I hear her dog toenails clicking on the tile and there are times I actually miss her incessant barking. But Liz Lemon fills the void. She is my canine best friend, always up for snuggles, fetch in the back yard, car rides to the park, or just following me around the house.She is, without a doubt, the sweetest, most obedient dog I've ever owned. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened had Jay not chosen to go to the pound that day. Maybe we wouldn't have a dog at all. Or maybe we'd have settled for some disobedient, sub-par critter. I don't like to think about that. At least once a day I say to Jay or one of the kids, "Have I mentioned lately how much I love Liz Lemon?" Or one of them will catch me hugging her or rubbing her silky ears and then say, "Let me guess---you love Liz Lemon?"

Yes. Yes I do.

(Gratitude Friday comes courtesy of Krafty Kash.)

12 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I'm so glad.

Not Your Aunt Bea said...

To be so beloved. She is one lucky dog as you are to have her! I miss my dog too and still catch myself about to do things for him- and he's not here. It is a process, I guess. I love her name too BTW.

Mari said...

Aww, I miss my dog.

kraftykash said...

This was good! You helped me find a new appreciation for our dog JB. :)
Cute pics, JB would sit by our laundry and lick it ALOT. Did I mention hes a licker?

Daphne said...

Aw... she's so cute. I wish we had a dog. Give her an extra snuggle for me.

Bridge said...

Oh Man! She is adorable. I am so happy you found a good fit. I cannot imagine life without our dog.

Maria Rose said...

I feel the same way about Bumblebee...only obedience isn't real one of her strong suits.

Karen said...

What a sweetie. My dogs love the laundry, too. But they are far from obedient, I'm afraid. I don't think I could ever live in a house without doggies.

Sarah12730 said...

Hey lady. Haven't been keeping up with you lately, I'm all facebook all the time, it seems now. So, I went ahead and added your blog to my favorites and even made myself an account on here so we can (somewhat) keep in touch. Of course, this does not mean I'll be making the drive to Gainesville any more often. =)

Tammie said...

sarah: i know! and im hardly ever on myspace. i pop on just quick enough to see if ive gotten any mail (usually not) and then im off again.

and i completely understand about the drive to gainesville

Dani said...

Sounds like my Sophie. Those are the dogs that know they are fortunate to be with you and are loyal beyond words. You are both lucky to have found each other.

Hotch Potchery said...

I super.love that your dog's name is Liz Lemon, and that everyone knows you love her. She is a cutie.