Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Listing

It's been a rough ride lately but I feel like maybe I'm getting my groove back. We're settling into a new routine around here and all the components are falling into place. For the last few weeks I've had a stressed/anxious feeling that I just couldn't shake. Thankfully, I feel it starting to slip away. Here's a few bits of my life.

Forgoing:: Housework. I'm sick of it. I've decided that clean floors and spotless bathroom counters are just not that important to me anymore. I still clean, just not as often. So if you ever stop by my house, don't be offended by the pet hair or the chocolate milk spots on the floor. And don't ask how long they've been there.

Listening to:: Middle Cyclone by Neko Case. My favorite song on the album, Don't Forget Me, is a cover of a song by Harry Nilsson, who happens to be one of my favorite dead musicians.

Watching::
The United States of Leland. Leland seems like a good kid. Then he murders his ex-girlfriends brother. The movie deals with the aftermath of the murder and how the whole community is effected as everyone tries to figure out why Leland did it. This movie, while certainly not upbeat, was fast paced and thought provoking. Plus, you can't go wrong with people like Don Cheadle, Ryan Gosling, and Jena Malone.

Eating::
Tofutti Cuties Sadly, my grocery store isn't going to be carrying these yummy non-dairy ice cream sandwiches anymore. On the bright side, they were on clearance and now I have a freezer full of them.

Making::
Pajama pants into pajama shorts.
Every spring the girl has stacks of pajama pants that still fit and are in good condition, but go unworn because the weather is just too warm. The matching tops are usually stained or worn beyond repair, so I'm left with stacks of pants.

This year I decided to get thrifty. I chopped off the legs and hemmed them. While I was hemming, I stretched the bejeezus out of the fabric, to give it that faux ruffle.
She will most likely wear these without a shirt, because that's the kinda girl she is.

Loving::My mothers day gift.
A new friend. Jay picked her up at the shelter. She's a one year old Beagle mix. I already adore her. We affectionately named her Liz Lemon, after one of our favorite TV characters.

17 comments:

Jessie Earth Momma said...

Aw! She is very cute!

Nowheymama said...

We ALWAYS have Tofutti Cuties in the freezer.

Great gift!

kraftykash said...

What a cute dog! Im glad Jay found her. :) I always say Im forgoing housework...but I give in every day. I have never even heard of that CD or movie. I may have to try them out. Im always looking for new music. I LOVE your new border on your page ...cute stuff. Enjoy your day & the new dog.

Tammie said...

nowhey: i figured you did. when i saw they were clearanced, i immediately thought of you.

kash: i know!! i give in too! i always say, im doing just one load of laundry today, then end up doing three.

Carla said...

Adorable dog! As for the house cleaning - I'm right with you on your perspective.

Shalet said...

Well you can come over to my house anytime. I actually vacuum every single day but you will still leave covered (and I mean COVERED) in yellow hair. Two weeks ago the five-year-old cleaned our wooden floors. Before that I couldn't tell you when they were cleaned.

My parents are coming today to help out with the kids while both of us work nights. I'd like my house to be cleaner but instead took a benadryl for my allergies and napped the morning away. Oh well. Such is life.

Shalet said...

Oh and the dog and pajama pants - awesome!!!

Karen said...

Darn, that is a cute dog. I'm so glad you have a dog in the house again.

I love your new banner (it is new, right? I usually read you in google reader, but I think it's new to me, at least).

melissa s. said...

i love that you named your dog liz lemon, especially since the "real" liz lemon is allergic to dogs. now that's irony at its finest ;-)

Miss D. said...

Cutie! The doggie, the shorts, everything. I know what it can feel like to have that yucky anxious feeling and no way to get rid of it so I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and have some happy listy things. I love Tofutti Cuties!

Jessica said...

That is one cute puppy!!!

Missa said...

Aw, Liz Lemon love! Also, I agree, housework is overrated :)

Tammie said...

thanks everyone!

shalet: i so glad im not the only one. there really is pet hair everywhere here. its even clumped up in the corners of the floors. i do clean it, but it seems to be a losing battle.

karen: yep its new...i put it up a couple of days ago.

melissa: i didn't even think of that!

d: isnt it a horrible feeling? and when it happens i dont know what beings it on or how to get rid of it. i just have to wait it out.

missa: im so glad so many folks are agreeing with me about the housework.

Mari said...

Liz Lemmon is sooo cute!

Screw housework, it's just gonna get dirty again.

Betts said...

I'm glad to hear the funk is lifting. And I love the pajama shorts; you are soooo creative.

I'll miss the cupcakes, but the new banner is pretty.

Maria Rose said...

Love the new Neko Case!
Also, Liz is a cutie pie. Shelter dogs are the best (that's where I found Bumblebee)!!!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Liz Lemon is beautiful! Rescues rule.