Monday, April 20, 2009

Moments

Watching :: Love Me If You Dare. A beautifully sweet French film with amazing imagery. Watching a movie with subtitles isn't the same mindless activity as watching a movie in English. I like to multi-task while watching TV (flip through a magazine, play around with some embroidery, etc...) and that's just not an option when trying to read the screen, so I really had to gear myself up for this one, but it was so worth it. Even Jay liked it and he usually only agrees to watch foreign films if there is the chance he'll get to see French boobies.

Listening to :: Mazzy Star. Thanks to this style icon post over at Thrift Candy, I can't get certain songs out of my head. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 1994. But then I remember how much being a teenager sucked. As much as I hate all the responsibility that goes along with adulthood, the ability to drink wine, watch an R-rated movie, and go to bed whenever I want more than makes up for it.

Playing :: Guitar Hero. If the boos of the croud are any indication, I could never be a member of Pearl Jam.

Failing at :: Making Circles. Anna Maria Horner makes it look so easy. Mine came out with edges and sides. Not what you want in a circle. Maybe I'll try again some other time, but after the failure I'm just not feeling it anymore. Does that make me a quitter?

Succeeding at :: Making another bag.
Same tutorial. Only this time I shortened the strap because sometimes I prefer to carry a bag in my hand rather than over the shoulder. I still haven't mastered the part where I have to sew the two straps together making one, but it came together a bit cleaner this time.

I wanted to take more pictures but this guy was directly overhead making some pretty violent noises at me. I think I may have interrupted some business of his.
Growing :: TomatoesI've come to the conclusion that I suck at gardening. But I can do tomatoes. My family needs to prepare to eat a lot of tomatoes.

Feeling::
Many emotions. Last week someone broke into a neighbors home, trashing the house and taking things. The most disturbing part of this, is that it seems another neighbor is responsible for the act. Our street feels dark and intense now. Something has definitely changed.

9 comments:

jessieearthmomma said...

I just love your writing!

...What an awful feeling to have your sense of security shattered and insulted. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors.

Tammie said...

jessie: thank you. compliments like that make my day.

and yeah...its been scary and weird around here lately. i cannot even begin to imagine how my neighbors are feeling.

Nowheymama said...

That photo makes me want fried green tomatoes.

CT said...

ugh... it is so much more disturbing when you can put a face to the felon, and it is someone you know.

I like how you give us glimpses of your life, kind of like peeking through a window from time to time

And I could cook tomatoes all week long! yum! send some my way, will ya? LOL!

Mari said...

That is too bad about your neighbors. My folks' house was broken into in December, and it changes everything.
I can't believe how far along your tomatoes are! We can't even plant ours until mother's day. Until then, they will live in the kitchen.
I'm going to try to make that bag today. I just need to find material for the lining.
Glad you liked the movie!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

You are so busy! I need to plant a garden...maybe...
So sorry about the break-in situation, that's very scary.

hester said...

A very entertaining post, Tammie, and like CT said, we love the peek you give us at your life and your wry sense of humour.

I laughed my head off at the reference to your husband and the "french boobies". Sounded kind of familiar.

Tammie said...

mari: please let me see your bag when done...i'd love to see what fabrics you choose. :)

hester: glad you got a chuckle. when jay read what i had written he was like "thats not true..."

but he really couldnt argue. we know its the truth. ;)

Missa said...

Glad you enjoyed the Mazzy Star post, I love them too!

Sorry to hear about the break-in, that's awful :(