Friday, April 10, 2009

Artsy Clutch

Voila!The Artsy Clutch.

Made (fairly) quickly, (relatively) easily, and (mostly) in one afternoon.

When Dawn came to visit she was kind enough to bring her copy of Bend the Rules Sewing. The above clutch is my version of the one on the cover of the book: I'm about half way through the book and I'm thinking this may be one to eventually add to the collection. I'm a regular reader of Amy Karol's blog. I love her low-key attitude and the fact that she keeps her fabric in trash bags around the house. Plus, she aims high but doesn't worry about perfection, which totally appeals to the lazy seamstress in me. My favorite quote from the book is, "Mistakes are always much less noticeable in a week or so, and in a month, the project will look amazing." Word!

11 comments:

kraftykash said...

Yours looks great! I love the fabric choices. I like how its displayed lovely on the clothsline. :) How long have you and Dawn known each other, and where did you meet?

Tammie said...

thanks kash. i actually displayed it on the clothesline because the sun was starting to go down and there was no good light in the house. it was just dumb luck that the picture came out looking cute.
dawn and i met in middle school. i guess we were 12 or 13 so OH MY WORD....20 years!! i feel really old now.

Mari said...

That clutch is so cute, I love it! I may have to try that, although I always need it to hang off me somehow so I can go hands-free, guess that would make it more of a purse than a clutch... Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

Miss D. said...

What great colors and so cute! Good job. I have to start sewing this baby quilt top that my mom and I are making... I'm worried. I'm not the best seamstress although I love the idea of sewing, and especially break-the-rules sewing like this. I'm super-lazy when it comes to sewing! Anyway, great job!

Carla said...

Cute clutch! Seeing all of your projects is making want to try sewing again.

Jessie Earth Momma said...

I made that same clutch for my birthday last year! Its very cute. I too love Miss Karol!

Nowheymama said...

I love Amy Karol's blog. Haven't read the book yet, though!

Betts said...

I want to go fabric shopping with you. You pick out the coolest stuff.

Tammie said...

betts: thanks. i buy all my fabric from etsy because there are no good fabric stores where i live.
plus, i like sale prices so i try to find the best stuff for the least amount of money. the fabric i made this clutch out of was on sale for $4.95 a yard!!

BloomingAlmond said...

I looooove that fabric!

earthmama said...

Ha! I completely agree! Did you see that her next book will be out soon??????!!! So good!

earthmama

love the clutch! GREAT fabric & design!