Monday, March 23, 2009

Things I'm Into Right Now

*Scribbles: A Really Giant Drawing and Coloring BookI ordered this book last year intending to give it to the girl, but when I got it I realized that most of the activities were much too hard for her so I gave it to the boy instead. He's enjoyed it since day one, but is pulling it out even more lately now that he only has one good arm and I won't allow him near his skateboard or bike. It's filled with half done drawings and basic, yet humorous instructions to get kids thinking creatively. (As an example, on one page is a giant dinner plate and the instructions read, Tonight you are having chicken and rice. Draw lots of gravy.) It's a fun book and sometimes I'm tempted to get it out and do some of the pages myself.

I made these last week and they were easy and delicious and enjoyed by most members of the family. I'll definitely be making them again.

Jay is actually the Mental Floss reader around here. I just do the online quizzes. Think you know a lot about Saved by the Bell? Take the quiz. How about early eighties Nickelodeon? Take the quiz. (I scored a 100% on that one. I'm proud.)

*Incense from dreamy1
Reasonably priced and so many great scents to choose from. My favorite so far is Amazing Grace, based on the Philosophy perfume.

*My husband
For various reasons my stress level has been steadily inching to dangerous heights lately. Jay seemed to have sensed this and has been extra helpful and nice. Friday he rearranged his schedule so that he could take the boy to his doctor appointments and Saturday he surprised me with the Twilight movie and some candy.
The candy was delicious.

12 comments:

Nowheymama said...

How sweet of Jay!

Mari said...

Jay is awesome! I was wondering if you were going to get Twilight... Good husband! Yea, mine rocked too, this weekend. I felt a lot better, so I was able to do more to help and I had the house super-stocked with food, so everyone was really happy. I hope this week is easier for you, Tammie. Are you done with doctor appointments for awhile?

Mari said...

forgot: the crustless quiches look yummy and I will have to check out mental floss.

Maria Rose said...

Oh my, I just did very well on the Saved by the Bell quiz. Seriously I only missed 2 questions.

Tammie said...

mari: im having a quiet morning (the girl is at pre school today)and i have a good feeling about this week. i think the boys next appt is about two weeks away, which is when the cast comes off. (the cast is looking funky already, im sure in two weeks it will be downright disgusting!)
i think you'd really like mental floss---it seems like something that would be right up your alley.

maria rose: you did better than i did! i thought id totally rock that one but ended up missing four or five questions.

Tammie said...

mari: also, im so glad you're feeling better!

kraftykash said...

That was nice of Jay...you know they truly love you when you are "freaking out" and instead of running, they do something nice. :)
I was a huge of fan of Nickelodeon back in the day. One thing I have learned is that life wont hand more than you cant take. (without a mocha or barefoot wine) Hang in there lady!

Betts said...

When the going gets tough, the tough know just what to do. I hope he reads your blog, so he knows how appreciated he is. If not, I'll let him know when he comes over to redo my bathroom. ;-)

jessie earth momma said...

And this is the reason we know they love us. Little things. The ones that mean the most.

HUGS!
jem

hester said...

You're a wise woman to be counting your blessings after a tough week. Your husband really is a treasure, too.

Tammie said...

kash: if you take the nickelodeon quiz, let me know how you do.

earthmama said...

my 2 oldest boys LOVE scribbles so much--me too! Your husband is the best. What a guy! Hope the stress starts to dwindle with all this extra sunshine!

earthmama