Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Things I'm Into Right Now

*Night Owl Paper Goods In my mail box yesterday was a care package from a friend in Chicago. Included was this adorable greeting card printed on eco-friendly sustainably harvested wood. Of course I ended up at the website which is equally adorable as the above card. (Check out the affordable art section.)

*Black Apple MirrorAlso in the care package was this mirror from The Black Apple. There is no way I'm going to carry this around in my purse. It needs to be somewhere I can look at it on a daily basis and enjoy it's cuteness.

*Pretty Floral Fabric and TrimI love how they match in a sort of mis-matched way. I bought these at two different Etsy shops. (fabric here. trim here.) I'd be lying if I said I wasn't planning on making these into a skirt for the girl. The fabric is very lightweight so I'm thinking probably a summer skirt.

*Baubles
Betts recently opened an Etsy shop. The girl is modeling my purchase. Despite the fact that I have three holes in each ear, I hardly ever change my earrings. Now I have a reason to. (Note: These will not regularly be worn by my daughter. She wore them just for modeling purposes. I think dangly earrings would be a slightly creepy look for a four year old.)

*Clean MudI saw this clean mud project over on The Artful Parent yesterday and mentally added it to the list of things to do with the girl. I have to admit though that I didn't really stick to the recipe--I never added the ripped up toilet paper. What can I say---I already have a cat that destroys toilet paper and I just couldn't bring myself to do it too. The girl doesn't seem to mind though, she's been drowning Dora and Polly Pockets most of the day in her "mud."

*The GirlMy daughter has always been demanding and high maintenance. Usually I can deal with this without screaming like a banshee. Lately, I've been mentally distracted and have a lower tolerance for her behaviour so I've mostly just been planting her in front of the TV and feeding her Cheetos. I'm aware of it though. We'll get through this.

10 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Oh the prettiness! I LOVE that card. It's a card! It's art! Perfect.

Mari said...

Cute stuff! I love the black apple. The girl looks busy, adorable, but busy! I remember slyly planning stuff to wear out my kids, looking forward to an early bedtime and a quiet evening with dad.

Tammie said...

mari: yeah, thats kinda where im at---constantly trying to think of things to do with her. she's very busy. and sometimes it seems that as soon as i set up one project, like getting out paints or play doh, then she's onto something else or wanting candy, or milk, etc...its exhausting.

BloomingAlmond said...

Oh gosh how i missed reading you regularly :)
I wanna see more sewing!
And i'm still waiting for my skirt :P
I want a Back Apple mirror too :D
the first time i saw her stuff was 'cause she was on the Martha Stewart show teaching how to make those cute dolls :) very very easy to make! I think those dolls were the thing that got me sewing in the 1st place :)

Tammie said...

tania: one of my new years resolutions is to make a doll by the end of the year.
i havent even begun yet.
im scared.

BloomingAlmond said...

well you should! 'cause once you get it right, you get addicted! :)

Karen said...

the clean mud is SUCH a good idea. I will be trying that soon.

Betts said...

Thanks for the shout-out on the earrings. I'm glad you like them.

There are times when Pipsqueak drives me batty. The past few days has been one of those time. It usually doesn't last long. In the meantime, I find a glass of wine helps... for me, not her. The girl would look even more creepy wearing dangly earrings, holding a glass of wine.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Love the card and the mirror. The mirror reminds me of something from Nightmare Before Christmas.

nytesong said...

That card is so cute. I'll definitely be checking it out. =)