Friday, March 27, 2009

Moments of My Week

I haven't been in this space much this week. I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you why. You see, most of my blogging is done when everybody (apart from the girl) leaves for work and school. But for the past few days, once the house is empty I close all the curtains and watch Twilight. But I don't watch just the movie. There are also deleted scenes, extended scenes, the ability to watch certain scenes over and over again, the audio commentary, and so on.....As you can see, I've been quite busy.

Other movies watched this week :: Milk and Snakes on a Plane. (Don't judge me.)

This weeks book :: Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler. Ivy's boyfriend is murdered and becomes an angel sent to watch over Ivy and help solve his murder. A silly yet delicious read.

This weeks craftiness :: A skirt for the girl. But wait! This one's a bit different from all the others I've made. It's got flounce and bounce.
I didn't follow any pattern when making this skirt, but I hesitate to say it's my idea. I've seen similar skirts all over. I couldn't effectively tell you how I made this-I just saw it in my head and made it-but this tutorial comes pretty close to what I did.
This weeks longing number one :: The new Toyota Prius.I'm not the type to really get excited about cars, but I've always wanted a Prius. And the new 2010 Prius is no exception. Fuel economy is so sexy. (Plus, that color would go so well with my eyes.)

This weeks longing number two :: Sassy Magazine I wish I had saved all the Sassy Magazines I collected throughout my teen years. There was so much clever awesomeness in those magazines. I miss them. There was one issue in particular that had a recipe for carrot cake from Mike D of the Beastie Boys. I remember it as one of the best tasting foods I had ever eaten. I've searched high and low for that recipe with no luck. Ebay has issues of Sassy, but at prices I'm not willing to pay.

This weeks longing number three :: Mac Book Air. Estimated price :: $2000.(I don't know why I'm so want-y this week. It's unlike me.)

Good News of the Week :: Jay's fortune cookie predicted he "will inherit a large sum of money." Excellent. Now we play the waiting game.

Surprise of the week :: Turning on Nickelodeon and realizing Alec Baldwin is in an hour long episode of The Fairly OddParents.

Embarrassing Regret of the week :: Watching an hour long episode of The Fairly OddParents just because Alec Baldwin's voice was in it.

Something to look forward to :: Earth Hour. Tomorrow 8:30.

12 comments:

Betts said...

It sounds like you had an indulgent week. Good for you! Everyone deserves that once in awhile. I'll bet your batteries feel a little recharged.

Tammie said...

you're totally right betts. i dont usually sit around not doing anything. it felt good.

Crystal said...

That car would TOTALLY go with your eyes. Hells yes.

(It dosen't matter that I don't know the color of your eyes)

Snakes on a Plane. Hmmmm. Yea, I had to watch that one like three times and the sex/snakes in the bathroom still gives me the creeps.

Mari said...

I think this is good, after what you went through last week!

You would look good in that Prius!

Miss D. said...

Love the skirt!! And if I had Twilight, I would totally sit around watching it. We are actually contemplating reading it for our book group, because it's such a good discussion book (yes, we are all college-educated adults over age 30!). But mostly, that Edward is kind of... dreamy. am I right or am I right? Right? Right. (name the movie!)

Carla said...

Ah - the bliss of being non-productive,in one sense of course. Self-time is always productive in another sense!

kraftykash said...

You are such a busy girl! I love finding ways to not do much of anything during the day....but making it look like a did a ton! I hope Kiley does not look at this :) :)
As far as your wants...you go girl.

melissa s. said...

speaking of alec baldwin... have you seen him on sesame street? oh and there's the sesame street version of thirty rock(s). (and yes, I do expand my mind beyond sesame street. but not often).

and love the skirt! i used those two same fabrics in a quilt.

Tammie said...

melissa: i may have to spend the next few weeks watching pbs because i have never seen alec on sesame street.

Maria Rose said...

I have seen Snakes on a Plane, more than once.

Tammie said...

i think it may be one of those movies that is so bad that its actually quite good.

i thought it was funny.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I love that skirt! And I remember Sassy magazine, it was awesome.
I haven't even bought my copy of Twilight yet.