Monday, March 2, 2009

Listing

I've seen these lists all over blog land, but most recently over at Turkey Cookies, so that's where I'm giving credit.

Intrigued by......Earth Hour. NO electricity for one hour. Saturday March 28 from 8:30 to 9:30. Can my family do it? I hope so. I signed us up.

Listening to.....Consolers of the Lonely by the Raconteurs. I guess I can consider my ever so slight crush on Brendan Benson to be reignited.

Missing.....Jay. He's away on business for a few days. (Tonight my bed will be filled with cats, dogs, and probably at least one kid.)

Thankful.....that Jay finished the half bath before leaving. The toilet is back where it should be. My Ryan Berkley prints look awesome on the newly painted wall.
Plus, tile:
It's been nothing but bare cement in there since last June when we ripped up the linoleum. (Some of you may remember this small incident.) Of course, the living room is still bare cement, so the great feeling you get while in the bathroom is a bit short lived, but a great feeling none the less.

Making........pillowcases.As time and money allows, my bedroom is slowly getting filled with things I love. I actually enjoy being in there now. We really should have redecorated the room a long time ago. Financially, it wasn't as scary as I had thought it would be, and it's made a huge difference in my mood. It's so nice to have a pretty room to escape to at the end of the day. (You can't tell from the picture, but hiding under the covers is a cat, a chihuahua, and a ten year old boy skipping school.)

Looking forward to......
next Sunday. My mom and I are taking the girl to a Dan Zanes concert. We saw him the last time he came to Gainesville and had a blast. I'm hoping the girl enjoys it as much this time around.

Enjoying....
cold weather and my fifth cup of coffee.

16 comments:

Nowheymama said...

You are really inspiring me with all of your handmade goodness.

Maria Rose said...

I am going to do earth hour too!.
I also have the Berkly goat print!!!

Mari said...

Ooh, the finished wall with your prints and the new tile look so nice! We try to do earth hour each year. We break out the board games and the candles. And... I can't believe there are that many living things under those covers!

Tania said...

what are you going to do withyour living room floor? :)
Tiles or wood? or carpet? I wanna see that after it's done :) **

Tania said...

p.s.- You're getting pretty good with the sewing machine! You go girl!!

CT said...

hey! what a cool post! and your bathroom tiles are just like the ones in my parent's house! and I loved how they looked!!!!

Betts said...

Ok, my husband returned and yours left. You don't suppose we're married to the same man, do you? If we do and he's redoing your bathroom and not mine, I'm pissed.

kraftykash said...

Love the pillowcases...do you have any measurements?? The floor turned out great!

Tammie said...

nowhey: aw, thank you. everything i make is very easy though :)

maria rose: i just love him. i really want all of them!

mari: thanks mari, i really like it too...do you think i could just live in my half-bath? it's one of the best looking rooms in the house now!
im hoping the boy and the man in the house are not going to be difficult about earth hour....its just one hour.

tania: i have no idea what we are going to do with the living room floor. its a big room and even inexpensive options end up costing a lot...plus i really dont want carpet. im trying to hold out until we can afford bamboo or cork flooring....we'll see. and thank you, i've been sewing my butt off.

ct:thanks! i like those tiles because they're pretty yet neutral enough to go with a lot. plus, the dark grout hides dirt!

betts: i laughed out loud when i read your comment!

kash: no way, i have no measurements. i hold an existing pillowcase up to my fabric and cut around, adding a little on each side for seams. then i get on my knees and pray for the best! ha ha

Mari said...

Wow T, in our house, it was the man's idea to do earth hour and I always count the minutes! Is dvr-ing favorite shows cheating? I think it might use some power...

Tammie said...

ha ha..fortunately for me, there is nothing i want to watch on saturday 8:30-9:30. now if earth hour was thursday at 9:30, i would have to say "sorry earth, im watching 30 rock."

Bridge said...

so on the earth hour thing!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I'm intrigued by earth hour, too. Thanks for that link.

Layrayski said...

Very nice. Its nice living vicariously through you. Haha I hope I didn't freak you out.

Jessica said...

I am really looking forward to earth hour...it's going on my calendar!

Nature Concern said...

Thanks for promoting Earth Hour! Another way you can recruit people to the cause is by creating a Earth Hour group on Commit21.com. Simply create a group about one action that you will commit to do for Earth Hour and recruit your friends, family, and co-workers to get involved in that action as well. When it comes to climate change, simple actions can make huge differences and Commit21 leverages social media to influence networks of friends, family, and co-workers. Check it out at www.commit21.com