Thursday, March 5, 2009

An Ending

My mom's husband officially moved out last night.

The girl kept asking why we were taking apart Grandma's bed. The simple answer was that it needed to be taken apart to fit in the car. But, of course, the simple answer is never good enough for that girl. So then she asked where the bed was going.

"To Grandpa's new house."

That answer caused confusion, a bit of whimpering, and a few tears. But, I suppose a lot of life's answers have that effect.

The room is empty now, except for a few pieces of furniture, a very stressed out cat, and some things needing to be delivered to Grandpa's new house.
I want to start painting the walls before my mom's new bed comes. I need blue painters tape. How come blue painters tape is everywhere in this house except when I actually need it, then suddenly it is no where?It's strange. My mom's husband and I were never close. We agreed on nothing. But I still hate to see a marriage end. The house seems different. It's going to take some getting used to.

Last night I fell asleep feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Then the truck stopped, backed up, and ran over me again. Repeatedly.

I'm going to take a bit of a blogging break. My house feels weird and I need to work on making it feel like a home again. For the sake of the children, the little one especially. I'll probably be back by Monday, but if not, just know I'm still trying to shake that run over by a truck feeling.

16 comments:

CT said...

Oh Tammie, I'm sorry your life is so upsetting. I'm sending you a hug and remember what Margaret Thatcher said: "women are a lot like Tea bags. You'll never know how strong they are unless you put them in hot water"
So... that goes for you, your mom and your little girl.

TEA RULES!

kraftykash said...

Hang in there girl! Life can be hard sometimes....and completely weird, I agree. Dont forget to do something nice for you!

Mari said...

We'll be right here when you get back! I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend with your family.

Aleta said...

I know what you mean by a blogging break and needing to feel like it's home again. We did a lot of renovations and I felt as though staying at a hotel room would be more comfortable than our own home. Take your time and we'll look forward to your return.

Nowheymama said...

We'll be here whenever you return!

Betts said...

I'll miss you, friend. I think some painting might be just what you need to change your mood. Some high energy music might help, too. Take care of yourself.

Miss D. said...

That sort of major shift/disruption/etc. is always so disturbing on so many levels. Hugs.

Layrayski said...

*hugs!*

Bridge said...

sending some hugs...
for you
and your mom

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Poor baby girl. It's hard for kids to understand. It's not the same thing because we don't live with them, but my MIL and FIL are divorcing. It's a big mess and it definitely affects the whole family, not just the two of them.

Carla said...

Change is hard when it's good or bad. My prayers are with you. Time for adjusting is important and take all that you need - I'll still be here when you return!

Layrayski said...

my first thought when reading the title of your blog is that you're ending irregular tammie!

Life can change things so quickly.

Take care.

hester said...

Hang in there, Tammie. It sounds awful and I hope everyone feels better soon.

Tammie said...

thank you so much everybody. i love you guys and i'll be back soon.
:)

Tania said...

It sucks when a relationship ends... But sometimes we have to end some things that don't allow us to grow in a positive way to start others... I guess... :)
Hope everything's better and that your mom feels ok :)

Tammie said...

you are so right tania.