Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ding Ding Ding! We Have A Winner

The first person to correctly guess the identity of this "too sexy" man was:

Miss D. who said, "Is that the Right Said Fred guy?"

Yes, Daphne it is. You win a dollar. (I think you have my e-mail. Hit me up with an address so I can get your winnings out to you.)

The fine gentleman's name is actually Richard Fairbrass. I had originally planned on being a stickler about the rules and holding out for someone who could give me his entire name but lets be honest, that probably wasn't going to happen unless a gay man from England somehow stumbled upon my blog. (Although Karen came close, by saying "one of the brothers Fairbrass.")

For what it's worth, I'm actually a fan of Right Said Fred and I think the album UP is highly underrated. It's filled with smart, fun, pop music. Unfortunately though, when most people think Right Said Fred, they think of I'm too sexy. And that's not good.

Thanks to all who played along. For those of you who guessed that it was my husband, thanks for the laugh.

9 comments:

Mari said...

Or it should be, judging by the costume and in the style of Lawrence Welk, "We have a wiener", ha ha ha, I kill me.

Betts said...

We do have a shortage of British gay men perusing our blogs. What are they doing anyway? (Don't answer that.)

Tammie said...

oh mari that was bad. yet so, so good!

betts: i know! i guess we are just very uninteresting to british gay men. sigh. :(

Miss D. said...

Yay!! I love Right Said Fred and I have a total story about "I'm Too Sexy" which is too long and stupid to go into here. But clearly, made an impression. I think that's the whole point with and outfit like that...

Bridge said...

I love you Tammie. I really do.LOL!

Maria Rose said...

Ha ha. I must admit that I know the lyrics to I'm Too Sexy in both English and Spanish (I am not fluent in Spanish) because one language just wasn't enough.

kraftykash said...

I think you should have got a picture frame from freecycle and put that sexy man in it! That would have made a lovely prize. This was good stuff girl!

Tammie said...

kash: that would have been a great idea! damn!

CT said...

lol! you nearly made me choke on my pastry (shouldn't have been eating it, but that's a WHOLE other story) with that photo... I still shudder remembering it! LOL! your giveaway was too funny, by the way!

Thanks for your lovely comment! I'm sorry I have been so absent, but... well, you know what, right?

See ya around!