Monday, February 23, 2009

Yellow

Today is yellow day. I thought orange was hard, but yellow was even more difficult. I really had to search, and here's what I found:

*Yellow service for one:(Long time readers may remember me first talking about this groovy set of plates here. )

*Thread and fabric:*Sand dollar earrings:These were given to me by a teacher I had various times throughout middle school. She was earthy and somewhat of an environmentalist. Of all the teachers I had, she is one of the few that made an impression on me and that I remember fondly. These earrings are ridiculously fragile so I never wear them, but I plan on keeping them forever.

*Children on the cover of The Gashlycrumb Tinies:The Gashlycrumb Tinies is a deliciously gruesome ABC book about children meeting their death in slightly humorous ways. If you don't want to spend $9 for a book that takes 30 seconds to read, it can be read in its entirety here.

Tomorrow is green day.

8 comments:

Mari said...

Are the earrings fragile 'cause they're real sand dollars? They are really cute!

earthmama said...

a rainbow of good things! Liam LOVES Yellow- the youngest boy. "LELLOW" every thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjYeDh7Qkqs

enjoy!

these color posts have been good fun! and the creepy ABC book has been forwarded to EVERYone in my contacts! AWESOME!

earthmama

Nowheymama said...

Eli's favorite color: yoyo! I love that plate.

Miss D. said...

Love the fabric and the Gorey!

kraftykash said...

I love that plate! Ever since Korby was little and cleans her plate, she says she has a Happy Plate! :) Cant wait to read the ABC book. :)

Betts said...

I LOVE the gruesome book, and I'm jealous of your plates.

I'm going to miss this color thing. I love knowing in advance what I'm going to blog about instead of waiting and hoping for inspiration.

Maria Rose said...

Yellow always makes me think of my youngest brother. He is very colorblind, the only color he can identify correctly is yellow.

Tammie said...

mari: yea, they're real. im scared to wear them. :)

betts: i've had a good time with the colors as well.