Monday, February 16, 2009

What Really Grinds My Gears :: Part One

Did you ever see the episode of Family Guy when Peter Griffin has a segment on the local news about stuff that pisses him off and it's entitled What Really Grinds My Gears? You haven't? Well, lucky you for having a life outside of television. As for me, I've seen it at least a dozen times and I've decided to steal Peter's idea and occasionally/semi-regularly post about some stuff that is pissing me off. Instead of focusing on one thing that is bothering me though, my segment will be in list form because lists are easy and picking one idea and expanding on it, well......that would just really grind my gears. (Oh, and I can't take total credit for this idea, Mari helped.)

What Really Grinds My Gears:

*Finding out on Sunday that the one celebrity you have a major crush on hosted Saturday Night Live the previous night. (Thank goodness for video clips on NBC.com.)

*Lipstick being left in a jeans pocket and not being found until you open the dryer and notice everything inside is red.

*Losing a really expensive lipstick by leaving it in your jeans pocket and then washing and drying those jeans. (Okay....technically this one should be on my mom's version of What Really Grinds My Gears. *ahem*)

*Expecting the IRS to direct deposit your refund on a certain day and then calling the bank and not finding it.

*Having a DVD from Blockbuster.com sitting on your desk for almost three weeks waiting to be watched. When you finally get the time to watch it on one dull Saturday night, you open the envelope and the DVD has a giant crack down the middle.

*Realizing that had you watched the above mentioned movie, it would have ended right around 11:30, and you probably would have watched Saturday Night Live.

*Realizing your subscription to Blockbuster.com has not paid for itself at all this month.

6 comments:

Mari said...

I have done all of the above, except for blockbuster.com! The lipstick was the worst, because it was all over the dryer. I thought I had cleaned it all, and dried more clothes. It was on everything! Eventually came out, though.
Oh, and I can do a mean impression of Lois!

Tammie said...

yep, i did the same thing....cleaned it all out, thought i was good to go and then dried more clothes only to find a large clump of lipstick that i forgot. fortunately, it came out of everything except some socks, which is no biggie.

jay can do a really good cleveland.

Maria Rose said...

Do you have a crush on Alec Baldwin?

Tammie said...

ha ha...oh yes.

kraftykash said...

Im so glad that I am not the only one who leaves things in pockets! I dont watch family guy, but I can relate to things going wrong! :)

Betts said...

I do the same thing with movies only I use Netflix. But what's worse than finding a crack, is getting about half way through the movie and suddenly it work anymore because of some fault you can see and no amount of cleaning will fix.

Fun series. I'm going to like this.