Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random Thoughts

*One of my cats has worms. I just spent $14 plus shipping on 3 tiny pills. But what choice did I have? Worms!

*My mom and her husband are separating. As most of you know, they both live with us. Pretty soon, one of them no longer will. Although it's something that has been on the horizon for a while now, it's still upsetting. It has been very, very weird around here lately. I wish I could slip into a coma and have someone wake me when it's all over.

*Right now I'm reading a book called I'm Perfect, You're Doomed: Tales from A Jehovah's Witness Upbringing by Kyria Abrahams. It's very funny and I can totally relate. I used to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I've never really talked about that here but I probably will soon. I feel I'm almost ready.

*I waited for the new season of 24 for a really long time, and I'm disappointed because I'm just not that into it this year. I still want a Jack Bauer doll though:
*Last night my husband was reading one of the sports blogs he frequents. The article was about a football player named Marshawn Lynch, who was recently arrested. As he was scrolling through the comments he found this gem, (which was in no way doctored by me):

"what marshawn lynch did was retarded why the hell did he have a gun in his trunk anyway besides the bills are not a bad team and because we have fred jackson as buffalos back up fred taylor would be a good addition to the buffalo offense. besides the patriots are cheaters and they suck monkey balls"

Oh where to begin? I love everything about it! Very little punctuation! No capitalization! Monkey Balls! Plus, I know the person who wrote it probably pronounces "retarded" as re-tah-ded. I laugh every time I read it.

15 comments:

Mari said...

Hey, are you sure that cat didn't just get weevils from the oats? Postive? ok, just checking! Congratulations on the "ahem" early spring cleaning. Should cut down on your workload. Now you can go runnin' around with your mom, whoopin' it up!
Can you tell I took a painkiller today?

kraftykash said...

I wish I could fall into a coma at least 3 times a week! Im with you on that one. Sorry to hear about your mom and step dad. If you lived here I would take you out for coffee and maybe a thrift store or 2....since you are not using credit cards! :)

Tammie said...

mari: no, these are DEFINITELY worms!

in lieu of a coma, maybe i should take some painkillers. :)

kash: thanks. my moms hubby and i arent real close, but it's still strange ya know?
thrifting sounds fun, i may need to do that soon.

Miss D. said...

Oy. I can't imagine the weirdness. Hope it's all over soon (and for the best). Sending good thoughts.

(and yuck, worms!!)

Nowheymama said...

I'm sorry.

Betts said...

That's a bummer that you have such upheaval in your home. I hope it's over soon.

Heather said...

I'm so conflicted. Grossed out, then sad and then you go and make me laugh too! sorry about the current situation. yikes, how uncomfortable.
(for the cat probably with it's issue, too, huh?)
I've got to find a context to use monkey balls in a sentence soon. that's too funny. just a hunch some dude wrote that.
i'm so behind on my blogging. yours is one of the few i do try to check daily. thanks for making me smile, and hang in there.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Yikes, the separation sounds uncomfortable and awkward. I hope everything works out well.
You and I need to get together if you want to go thrifting. I'm getting pretty good at it!

hester said...

Hi Tammie,
You do write the funniest blog I've ever read. You're a classic!

Is there another way to pronounce "retarded" other than "re-tah-ded"?

Sorry to hear about your Mum separating. Hope it is not too awful for you all.

Sorry this post is so disjointed. Too tired to compose beautiful prose like yours!

hester said...

It's ok....my husband has helped me out with the alternate pronunciation of "retarded"....as in "ree-tah-ded". He knows these things as he frequents basketball websites.

Tammie said...

thank you to everyone for all your kindness. it helped me in ways i couldnt even explain. thank you.

Aleta said...

Ohh, I hope your cat is better soon!

I'm sorry about your Mom and her husband, such a difficult situation for them and for you - very uncomfortable in your own home.

Ok, I have to be honest, I'm SO curious about your Jehovah's Witness experience. I never knew anyone who was one.

And thanks for sharing that gem of a post - it was funny!

CT said...

Isn't it weird how many things can be out of whack at the same time? you kinda wish they came one at a time, to give you a single front to fight but NOOOO!!!! what's the fun in that? sorry about all the yucky and sad things that are going on with your life. Like my daughter says, "don't be sad anymore, be pretty" (she thinks smiles= pretty... isn't it cool how kid's minds work?)

nytesong said...

Hmmm...that's how I'm feeling about 24 this year too!

Just found your blog and I'm enjoying poking around!

Tammie said...

nytesong: thank you.
im a regular lurker over at vanilla icing.
:)