Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Purple

Today is purple day, and also it's the last day of Betts' color week. I've loved doing this project. I find myself noticing color everywhere. I'm definitely going to revisit this idea again because I think it makes me more aware of my surroundings.

Now here are some purple items:

*Purple Calculator This stays on our desk, always within arms reach when I need to pay bills or balance the checkbook. I hate numbers and really suck at math. I'd be lost without a calculator.

*Taggie BlanketThe girl loved her Taggies when she was a baby. She has this big one and then a few smaller ones for carrying around. I used to hook her pacifier holder to them for easy access. I was a little bit sad when she stopped needing her Taggies.

*Buttons and RibbonA few months back I received a Tupperware bowl filled with buttons off of Freecycle. I'm sure I will never use them all but sometimes I just take them out and look at them, sort them, etc. Is that weird?

*Two Things I'm Wearing TodayI love Tom's lavender deodorant, and the tee shirt underneath is one of the few I own without holes, my "fancy" tee shirt. Next time I decide to make a New Years Resolution to not buy any new clothes for a year, remind me to stock up on tee shirts. I wear them often and wear them out quickly. Plus, finding decent used tee shirts at thrift stores is next to impossible. I have to admit though, that there is something gratifying about wearing clothes until they, quite literally, fall apart.

9 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Ooo, purple is a hard one. I wonder if I have ANY in my house?

Tammie said...

yeah, it wasn't as easy as i assumed it would be.

Betts said...

I lived near by, I would come sort buttons with you. I don't think it's weird at all. Great calculator. Mine is boring black.

Miss D. said...

Love all the purple, and love the calculator!

kraftykash said...

This color thing was fun...I agree. :) My friend Stephanie and I LOVE to get new v-neck tshirts at Target. This is our daily thing we joke about and wear often. We have found that a scarf or necklace make them look "HOT". hehehehe

Aleta said...

Now you have me wondering if I have anything purple in my home other than cloths. Hmmmm...

Mari said...

Oh I love purple, one of my favorites! I had never heard of 'taggies' before. When I look at your buttons, I see stuffed animal eyes, like Coraline. They are also cute glued around a flat picture frame or mirror.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I love this one! Purple is my fave color.

CT said...

Purple!
with two little girls in the house, it is so easy to find purple and pink... now I dare you to find anything chartreusse! lol!

My husband has some freaky color blindness that prevents him from noticing certain colors that have red in it (although he can see red properly) so he'd either call anything purple just BLUE... isn't that weird? and once, he mentioned the WHITE hat I was wearing was cute... item: the hat was PINK!!!
He would make some interesting photo choices.. hmm.... now there's an idea...