There is a project circulating through blog land that encourages us to interview each other. When Kashoan asked if anyone was game, I willingly and eagerly volunteered. I thought I'd feel like a celebrity...what could be more fun? But then I got scared. Obviously I don't mind writing about myself--if I did I wouldn't have a blog in the first place. But I am used to having more control over what I write about. Fortunately, Kash didn't hit me with anything too personal.
1. It took me forever to think of a name for my blog. Where did your blog name Irregular Tammie come from?
I had no idea what to call my blog because at the time I started it I had no clear vision as to what I'd write about and I've never been good at labeling myself. I knew it would be part kid/family, part celebrity silliness, part crafty/homemaker, and of course my occasional complaints about life. Eventually I settled on Irregular because there would be no regular topic of discussion. Honestly, there are times I hate it and think of changing it but I'm too lazy.
2. If you could have an entire day to yourself what would you do?
I would want to be alone for the day. Probably in a hotel room so I wouldn't be tempted to do laundry and housework. I'd read and work on my sewing and watch 30 Rock on dvd. Maybe I'd meet my husband for drinks.
3. I noticed that you follow a lot of blogs. What makes a blog worth following to you?
I read too many blogs. I definitely like to read about what people create. It's so inspirational to me. I also like to read blog posts about books. I love it when I stumble upon a blog that is discussing a book I've read....it can become like an online book club. Oh, and food. I love to read about what people make in the kitchen.
4. In your interests you say that you stay in fancy motels on a roach motel budget. I'm all about saving $$$, so can you give us some pointers please?
I don't think I have any pointers unfortunately. I know we belong to a few travel loyalty programs but I don't know if we use them enough to really get any discounts. For us, hotels aren't just a place to crash at the end of the day, it's a huge part of the vacation, so we budget in the best that we can afford, even if it means only vacationing for two or three days, instead of a week or more. When I'm in a nice hotel room, I honestly don't have a care in the world. My dream is to one day stay at the Ritz-Carlton in NYC.
5. Name your top 3 hobbies. If you could only pick one hobby what would it be?
Yikes, this is a hard one. For most of my adult life, my time has centered around my kids and they were my hobbies. As I've gotten older I've realized how much happier I am when I have interests other than caring for the kiddies. I've been trying new things and seeing what I'm good at. I enjoy sewing and have gotten decent results with that, which thrilled me. I may try knitting again, who knows? The fun I've had sewing has motivated me to try new things. Oh, and I like wine. Can wine be considered a hobby?
So there it is. I hope I didn't reveal how boring I truly am. Thanks again Kashoan for taking the time out from all those Valentines Day corn bag orders to interview me. It was fun and not too frightening.
If anyone wants to play along, here's what you do:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
(I promise not to ask personal questions about your sex life or past/present drug use. Unless that's what you want to talk about.....then this could really get interesting.)