Thursday, February 5, 2009

Interview

There is a project circulating through blog land that encourages us to interview each other. When Kashoan asked if anyone was game, I willingly and eagerly volunteered. I thought I'd feel like a celebrity...what could be more fun? But then I got scared. Obviously I don't mind writing about myself--if I did I wouldn't have a blog in the first place. But I am used to having more control over what I write about. Fortunately, Kash didn't hit me with anything too personal.

1. It took me forever to think of a name for my blog. Where did your blog name Irregular Tammie come from?
I had no idea what to call my blog because at the time I started it I had no clear vision as to what I'd write about and I've never been good at labeling myself. I knew it would be part kid/family, part celebrity silliness, part crafty/homemaker, and of course my occasional complaints about life. Eventually I settled on Irregular because there would be no regular topic of discussion. Honestly, there are times I hate it and think of changing it but I'm too lazy.

2. If you could have an entire day to yourself what would you do?
I would want to be alone for the day. Probably in a hotel room so I wouldn't be tempted to do laundry and housework. I'd read and work on my sewing and watch 30 Rock on dvd. Maybe I'd meet my husband for drinks.

3. I noticed that you follow a lot of blogs. What makes a blog worth following to you?
I read too many blogs. I definitely like to read about what people create. It's so inspirational to me. I also like to read blog posts about books. I love it when I stumble upon a blog that is discussing a book I've read....it can become like an online book club. Oh, and food. I love to read about what people make in the kitchen.

4. In your interests you say that you stay in fancy motels on a roach motel budget. I'm all about saving $$$, so can you give us some pointers please?
I don't think I have any pointers unfortunately. I know we belong to a few travel loyalty programs but I don't know if we use them enough to really get any discounts. For us, hotels aren't just a place to crash at the end of the day, it's a huge part of the vacation, so we budget in the best that we can afford, even if it means only vacationing for two or three days, instead of a week or more. When I'm in a nice hotel room, I honestly don't have a care in the world. My dream is to one day stay at the Ritz-Carlton in NYC.

5. Name your top 3 hobbies. If you could only pick one hobby what would it be?
Yikes, this is a hard one. For most of my adult life, my time has centered around my kids and they were my hobbies. As I've gotten older I've realized how much happier I am when I have interests other than caring for the kiddies. I've been trying new things and seeing what I'm good at. I enjoy sewing and have gotten decent results with that, which thrilled me. I may try knitting again, who knows? The fun I've had sewing has motivated me to try new things. Oh, and I like wine. Can wine be considered a hobby?

So there it is. I hope I didn't reveal how boring I truly am. Thanks again Kashoan for taking the time out from all those Valentines Day corn bag orders to interview me. It was fun and not too frightening.

If anyone wants to play along, here's what you do:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

(I promise not to ask personal questions about your sex life or past/present drug use. Unless that's what you want to talk about.....then this could really get interesting.)

19 comments:

Nowheymama said...

This is a great post!

kraftykash said...

You did it! Great answers girl! I love your day to yourself answer. Could you imagine a whole day of no responsibilities and do whatever you want? That is unthinkable! BTW...wine is currently my number 1 hobbie. :)

Daphne said...

Fun! You can interview me, if you like!

(I know what you mean about hotel rooms!!, although I'm just as happy camping. But I NEED a good bed, regardless. It's required.)

Mari said...

I do like hotel/motel rooms. No cleaning. No cooking. An adventure. A pool!

You are not a boring girl! I especially love your treasure-seeking drives: what will you find next?

Aleta said...

I was SO happy that your interviewee asked about the name of your blog, because I have wondered about for some time now!

Hmmm, at first I thought, "Yeah, interview me"... but I think I'm too chicken.

Tammie said...

thanks everybody...

daphne, im going to get some questions out to you in the next few days or so...be on the look out.

mari: i haven't found anything good lately. it's been depressing.

aleta: i completely understand that "chicken" feeling. :)

Betts said...

Wine drinking is so a hobby. It has to be.

Ok, you can interview even though it is a little scary.

Tammie said...

okie dokie betts...give me a couple days and then i'll send you some questions.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

OOH, pick me, interview me!
I think wine is a perfectly acceptable hobby.

Tammie said...

okie dokie cyndy, you asked for it!

Daphne said...

Tammie- got your questions! write a comment with your email in it (I won't publish it) and I'll send you my email (I have to put thing on my blog) and then send you answers!! :)

jessieearthmomma said...

Interview me. And you know I love to be candid!

Bridge said...

i left you a comment, i thought, but i do not see it here. interview me. i will take you to New York City on vacation if my husband's lotto investment ever comes to fruition.
too much wine tonight. night.

Layrayski said...

reading your interview feels like I'm having conversation with you but instead of me asking you questions somebody else is doing it. =)

Tammie said...

bridge and jessie: awesome..i'll get your questions out to you in a few days.

Tilly said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I always like to find out where people got their blog names from. I think I would take off to a nice hotel room too if I had a day to myself - no housework, no cooking and nobody needing any attention!

kraftykash said...

You go girl! You had alot better response than myself. How fun for you!!

StephanieG said...

Interview me, please! And if you don't, can I steal some of your ideas anyway?

LOVED the color entries, and your blog overall is fabulous.

Cheers!

Tammie said...

stephanie g; thank you!
i'll try to get some interview questions to you but i cant make any promises. but until then, go right ahead and steal some of my ideas. :)