Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cupcakes

Normally when I make cupcakes they turn out a little on the ugly side. I'm sort of a pig so I usually end up filling the pan with so much batter that, once baked, it has exploded out the top of the cupcake wrapper. Also, because I'm an impatient pig, I always frost them too soon and the frosting melts down the sides of the cupcake. In short, they taste good enough, but I'm usually disappointed by how hideous they are.

But today I acted like a grown up and did things properly. Check these beauties out:These are for a certain preschoolers class party and I have 25 of them in my refrigerator waiting to be taken to school on Friday. Every time I walk by the kitchen, I'm struck with the urge to open the refrigerator door and stare at them, marveling at the fact that they aren't malformed.

The cupcake recipe is this one. (minus the walnuts)
The frosting is the usual combination of cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and a splash of lemon juice.

12 comments:

Nowheymama said...

That recipe sounds very good!

Betts said...

You'd better keep your eyes on your fridge, because if I find them, I'm eating at least 2.

Carla said...

I'd be proud of those too!

Mari said...

Aaah, they are so pretty! I may have to do some valentine's cupcakes for my girls. I'm torn though, I also want to try those cake lollipop thingies from bakerella.

Simbelmyne said...

Hellooooo supermom!
my cupcakes never come out looking like cupcakes. Sprinkles? way too much effort!

Nice job

Tammie said...

thanks guys!
these are definitely the prettiest cupcakes i ever made.

Daphne said...

Yum. Adorable.

kraftykash said...

These look yummy! I would not have it in me to leave them in the fridge for a few days!!

Layrayski said...

Very pretty cupcakes! There should've been a before (the impatiently done ones) and after (these beauties) pictures so we can appreciate the difference. Or not. Hehe

Maria Rose said...

I love red and white cupcakes! So pretty.

hester said...

Beautiful cakes! I want to see your usual ones though!

Tammie said...

ha ha ha..the usual ones are ug-ly!