Monday, January 12, 2009

Things I'm Into Right Now

*Habit
Visit this new website. Often.

*All things Twilight
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've crossed over to the dark side. I'm obsessed with Twilight. You know what, actually I'm not that embarrassed to admit it. If I don't over analyze the books too much, they bring me a certain giddy joy that I haven't felt since I was thirteen years old. And I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact, it's a welcome break from all the bill paying and kid related stuff that normally occupies my mind.

Although I never got around to mentioning it here, I read New Moon last week. I liked it, though not as much as the first book. I definitely think I am more of a "Team Edward" than a "Team Jacob."(Sigh. My husband is going to ridicule me beyond belief.)
Jay and I finally went and saw the movie this weekend. I loved it. Even Jay liked it. Well, he didn't demand his $10 back at least. This is definitely one of the few movies that I want to own when it comes out on video. It will be a great girly movie to watch during the fall when Jay is immersed in football.

I had to run to the mall this weekend and I will not go into how I pored over all the Twilight merchandise at Hot Topic. (stop laughing) If I could have used my credit card I may have come home with some Twilight perfume. (stop laughing)

*Tops
Simple toys. They don't need batteries or make sounds. Yet, my kids will still play with them. Go figure. (Bought at Stubby Pencil Studio)

*Chloe the chihuahua
Last week we dog-sat my friend Sarah's dog. She's not quite the spaz that my own chihuahua is. Plus, she's really good at napping. I was sad to see her leave.

27 comments:

Mari said...

I can't stop laughing. Traitor! No, it's just too funny. Those books are total escape, but perfume? We need to do a little internet exorcism...

btw, what does vampire perfume smell like? I am more Team Jacob, if I had to choose, although I'm really a cat person as Flash can attest.

Tammie said...

i know!! im such a traitor. i try to not think about all the things about the book that i disagree with and just enjoy it.

i didnt get to smell the perfume because it was locked in a glass case. i guess hot topic is concerned it may get stolen by mini preteen vampire fans.

we totally need to discuss the fact that you are team jacob.

Nowheymama said...

Step away from the Twilight Kool Aid....

Cute tops!

Becky..AMHW said...

I didn't watch Titanic, I haven't followed Harry Potter, and I ain't reading no stinkin' Twilight.

(But I might watch it if it ends up on cable.)

Maria Rose said...

Vampire perfume!??? What's next zombie deodorant?

Heather said...

hahaha! I KNEW IT!

Tammie said...

ya know what? screw all y'all!

suddenly i want to spray myself in Twilight, slap on a Team Edward pin and snuggle up under the covers with Eclipse. (aka Book 3)

Daphne said...

I'm on your side (and I'm not afraid to admit it). I was in a bookstore today and spent a good 15 minutes flipping through a "movie companion" book for Twilight, and seriously considered rereading the first book again (until I remembered my already huge TBR list). And I totally would have at least tried on the perfume. And I'm Team Edward all the way. If you're going for fantasty, might as well just GO FOR IT. Who needs realism? I got enough of that.

Daphne said...

Fantasty: a subtle Freudian slip when talking about vampires, sexy Edward Cullen and being a fan of all things Twilight.

Tammie said...

Daphne: I like fantasty and may use that in conversation.

My best friend has that movie companion book and she keeps promising to let me borrow it but i dont think its going to happen anytime soon. she reads it daily, like the newspaper.

melissa s. said...

You're cracking me up. And now I'm seriously scared to read the book.

We got those same tops from stubby pencil and even the cat loves them (did you get the smencils, too? those things freak me out)

Mari said...

You and your cold, cold sparkly glampire. I just can't believe it! Don't worry, I'll save your ass!

Mari said...

ha, very funny post!

http://jerryfetus.buzznet.com/user/journal/3580531/twilight-comes-out-perfume-smells/

Mari said...

Wait til they come out with a Jacob perfume, it'll smell like wet dog.

hester said...

Ok...now I really do have to read the books. There's no joy like book obsession joy.

Tammie said...

melissa: i didnt get the smencils but i want 'em!

mari: no one would buy the jacob perfume. just so you know, Hot Topic also sells Edward body glitter. I dont own it or anything---I'm just saying.

im going to have to check out that link.

Tammie said...

ok mari i just read it...it was funny.

i still want it though! i need to get some before its pulled off the shelves due to the sure-to -be lawsuit.

Mari said...

Well, at least I could afford to get you the body glitter for your birthday. It's only 10 bucks, but the perfume is $45, youch!

Tammie said...

ha ha ha ha.

i would look like the biggest jackass if i had body glitter.

there is nothing about my personality that screams "glitter."

more than anything, i was shocked that there was such a product. i guess the economy really is driven by teenage girls who will buy anything.

the perfume is pricey.

Mari said...

But you're totally worth it!

Tammie said...

ha ha..thank you...others might disagree though.

butterflygirl said...

Did you read Breaking Dawn yet? Total disappointment!

Tammie said...

no not yet...im on book three. im intrigued though.

kraftykash said...

Team Edward!!! That is good stuff. I just finished the 3rd book. I didnt go to the movie, because that movie star does not do the Edward in my head justice! Look at all your comments. You have started a new trend. :) LOVE reading your blog!

Layrayski said...

so now you know why I let out a girly scream when I mentioned twilight in my blog. Hehehe

about twilight itself-- exactly, exactly. =)

Layrayski said...

Hahaha I love the post and the comments!

Tammie said...

krafty: you know i love you but you may have lost it...the edward in the movie is quite attractive. but if you think the one in your head is hotter, then i want to see what's in your head!!! ;)

lyra: I know! i remember when you mentioned it and at the time I knew nothing about it. sigh. life was so simple then. ha ha