Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Love Playing Tag

I've been tagged by KraftyKash. Apparently I love talking about myself because I am always willing to list random junk about myself.

Here are The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here are the weird/random things about me:

1. I have a horrific coffee addiction. Sometimes I drink 10-12 cups a day. I've been drinking coffee since I was 13 years old and I'm really scared that if/when I have to stop drinking it, it's going to be very, very difficult....like battling a heroin addiction.

2. I know all the words to American Pie by Don Mclean. When I was a kid I listened to it over and over again. Keep in mind this was before cd's, so this involved a lot of rewinding and fast forwarding. I accidentally left the tape in my mom's car and she took it to the mechanics. When the car came home, my cassette tape was gone. Damn mechanics.

3. I also used to know all the lyrics to REM's It's the End of the World as We Know It. Again, by fast forwarding and rewinding until I got every word. Unfortunately, I've forgotten all those lyrics. (It is occurring to me now that I may have been a bit of a loser/dork.)

4. My musical tastes now are mainly along the lines of folk/alternative/singer songwriter kinda stuff. But.....I love Shaggy. Really, I love just about every Shaggy song.

5. Even though I live in Gainesville Florida, I hate Gator football and get really sick of the pack mentality that surrounds the game. Also, Tim Tebow and all his self-righteousness and "God bless yous" and "Thank the Lords" totally makes me sick. I find it incredibly phony. Since most of you don't live in Gainesville, let me just say that what I just typed is pretty much considered sacrilege. (No offense is meant to my friends here in Gainesville that are fans.....these are just my opinions. Also I sorta stole the idea for this random fact from Krafty...hey, it was appropriate.)

5. When my husband and I were first dating we had a contest to see who could fit the most Skittles in their mouth without spitting any out or getting sick. I won. And he still married me.

6. I love the taste of dry ramen noodles. I could open a package and just bite into the brick of ramen. I haven't done this in a while though because really, who eats ramen when they don't have to?

There! Six random/weird things. I've already tagged just about everyone who reads this EXCEPT...Mari at Maybe in Utah. You're it. Everyone else, if you want to play along...just consider yourself tagged.

11 comments:

kraftykash said...

I love your blog! It makes me LOL every time!! My son loves ramen, but hes 13 and eats EVERYTHING! I cant believe the mechanic stole your tape.

Bridge said...

the "end of the world" was a favorite drunken late night singing binge for me and my friends @ 1993.
thing is, I could only sing it when I was drunk.

Tammie said...

krafty: yeah, my son is ten and he eats a lot...im very scared for our grocery bill as he gets into the teen years.

bridge: i would love to have gone to some of your parties.

Aleta said...

Grrrrr... Now "American Pie" is in my head and I can't get it out. I used to love it and memorized it as well.

Skittles, really? I can just picture that challenge!

Mari said...

: 0
Oh man, I just had to get online this afternoon... lol! I'll have to think about this for a bit : )

earthmama said...

I haven't read this post yet but I have to say (immediately!!)that I LOVE your picture of the cocoa & marshmallows!! My mouth is watering! It just SCREAMS winter!!! Love it!! Thanks for the kind words on my latest post. You always leave the best comments! i know that if we lived closer, we would totally hang out! You're great! Off to read...

earthmama

earthmama said...

Ha! Great list! I can totally relate to #1, although 10 to 12? How big are your cups? Maybe you drink tiny little demure tea cupped sized portions? Either way, the habit is big! And what exactly is Gator football? Here in New England, you don't hear that term so much ; )

You're good with the lyrics! My memory has been sucked out my uterus with each subsequent pregnancy.

good laugh, thanks!

earthmama

earthmama said...

FYI, "the habit is big" is not a judgment--just to clarify ; 0 I was referring to MY habit!

Tammie said...

oh earthmama...you know i love ya! my cup sizes are pretty average i guess...not giant latte mug sized, but big enough. i really should cut back.

the Gators are the local college football team here in gainesville...the florida gators. the fact that you didnt know that makes me immensely happy.

Heather said...

hilarious. we have waaay too much in common to live so far away from each other. I love coffee, but I don't drink it just because, I HAVE to drink it since I work from home and with little ones, that is usually 7pm-3am and then up with them at 7am. I wouldn't survive without it. Any favorite combos, or just high-octane normal joe? LOVE American Pie, and I always sing It's the End... when I have a song stuck in my head, works every time. Especially when I can't bear another chorus of Elmo's World. oh, and I've got a yummy ramen noodle salad recipe I made today I'll have to post on my blog.

Mari said...

ok tammie, I finally got off my christmas ass and posted about my ├╝bergeeky self!