Saturday, December 27, 2008

Eating

For the last month and a half there has been a lot of tasty food in my house. Surprisingly, I haven't gained any weight but if I continue at the rate I'm going, I'm sure I'll be porking up soon enough. My eating habits are so out of control that on the off chance there isn't some culinary delight waiting for me, I have taken to eating anything and everything that is handy.

Here are three weird things I have eaten lately:

*Uncooked StuffingI wanted something salty to snack on while playing Othello with the boy and this was the closest thing to snack food that I could find. Not all that good. I don't recommend this one.

*Applesauce and Saltines. Together. In the same bowl. I've actually liked this since I was a kid and I really don't consider it weird, but judging by the looks I get when eating it, others do.

*A bead I found under the couch that I mistakenly thought was a Skittle. My bad.

Considering I now have the dietary habits of a Roomba, this is officially day one of the back to healthy eating plan.

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

A bead? Wow.

Mari said...

Okay, these three things all took my appetite away. (it helps that I am already full)
Thanks for jump-starting my diet!

Heather said...

well, I can't say I'm doing any better. We have all kinds of leftovers that I thought would have gone with the company, and now of course there is no way I'm throwing it out-- homemade cheesecake? I'm sure that is considered a sin somewhere. (this house) since it sounds like you're in need of a really good snack, here is the most awesome snack recipe for you... I'm crunchin on it right now... and if I have any clue about you, I think you'll love it! I'm not going to post it on my blog because it's one of those ones I always take to parties, so I hate to give it up to everyone I know. I know, what a selfish bitch, haha. Okay...

bag of Kraft carmel pieces (you can buy them in bits so you don't have to unwrap them now, I don't know why it took them decades to figure that out)
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 C broken mini pretzels
2 C chex
2 C apple cheerios
3/4 sunflower seeds (I buy honey roasted)

preheat to 250. line large shallow baking pan with foil and spray with pam. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Melt the carmel with water in a sauce pan, stirring. Pour carmel over the mix until coated. Turn out into your pan. bake for an hour, mixing every 10-15 minutes. Cool in pan, then break into chunks and store in airtight container. Let me know what you think! Okay, I gotta get this stuff away from me before I eat it all!

Mari said...

Well, I already blew it! I had chocolate in the shower this morning... It was sooo luxurious!

Tammie said...

heather: ooh thanks for the recipe. this will make two recipes from you that i have sitting on my kitchen counter.

mari: i was going to make fun of you for eating in the shower, but since i actually consumed a bead, i dont think im one to judge.

i havent done too bad diet wise, but it could be better.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I have eaten bad, bad stuff this holiday season.
But no beads, thankfully!