Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Things I'm Into Right Now

This list of Things I'm Into is a bit shorter than usual. I had planned on waiting a few more days to post it, but I'm in a good mood, I'm feeling positive, and I wanted to post it before my mood changed. Hopefully my mood won't change.

* Old Fart Wine I meant to write about this delicious wine last week when Jay first bought a bottle. But I kept forgetting to take the picture and soon enough, it was all gone. What can I say, it's an easy wine to drink. Plus it's inexpensive, and it gets style points for having a clever name and cute label.

*My son's report card.
Straight A's. There is still a part of me wondering if maybe his teacher is going easy on him and not challenging him but I'm trying to not think like that. I'm trying to see those A's for what they are, awesome grades. The downside to this is that Jay and I, thinking he'd never get straight A's, promised him a video game if he ever did get straight A's. It looks like we're buying a video game.

*Cap Making Most of you travel in the same blogging circles as I do so I'm sure by now you've heard of the Caps to Cap-Haitien Project. (If not, click on the cute picture of caps at the top right for more info.) I'm so excited to be able to participate in this project. These caps are very easy to make, even for someone like myself, someone with (ahem) limited sewing skills. I know I'm not saving the world by making a few caps, but it sure does make me feel good to do it. Plus, I almost cried when my son asked if he could make a few caps too.

*My son's letter to the Fox Broadcasting CompanyHe wrote it after learning that King of the Hill is being canceled. This isn't the first time he's written a letter like this. The cancellation of his favorite shows tends to bring out the activist in him. I never edit these letters in any way, although I do read over them before popping them in the mail box, just to make sure he doesn't refer to the network executives as "dumb asses" or "douche nozzles," you know, like how we do at home.

11 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I think SouleMama's new project is so cool.

And good for your son for writing letters! I'm a big believer in writing notes.

Aleta said...

Anything that you do to help another person is a value. I think it's wonderful that you're making caps!

And too cute about your son sending a letter. I'm impressed!

melissa s. said...

YOU are ON IT with the baby caps! Way to bust them out! I can't wait to start on mine, too. What a great project.
And what a great little mind your son has: all A's and the gumption to take on Fox. Way to go!!!

BloomingAlmond said...

Yey! Not to wine... to Sagres Bohemia Beer :P

Hmmmm... Let's just hope he's just kicking ass @ school :)

I loved those caps idea... SouleMama really is a wonderful woman :)

You tell your boy to write a letter for me... I love that show! :X

Tammie said...

nowhey: im a big letter writer too, but i usually go the e-mail route, which i don't think is nearly as effective. i think there is something about an actual handwritten letter that seems powerful.

aleta: thank you so much. i always look forward to your comments. you seem like such a positive person.

melissa: i'm loving the baby cap project. i just need more tee shirts.

tania: i wonder if i can get that beer here in the states. hmmm...i'll have to ask my hubby---he's the beer expert.
and you're right, soulemama is amazing. she's very inspiring.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Douche nozzles! ba ha ha
I love that he wrote that letter.
The wine sounds good (well, the name doesn't but your description does).
I think I may steal your "Things I'm into right now" theme one day this month. I'm doing NaBloPoMo so I'm looking for new posting ideas. I'll link back to you!

Tammie said...

dont feel obligated to link back---there are a lot of bloggers who do variations of the same theme.i can't take total credit for it.

;)

by the way, im loving that you're doing NaBloPoMo. I almost did it, but didn't think i could pull it off.

BloomingAlmond said...

If I knew it would get there ok I would totally send you a packk of them... Bohemia is the most awwwww beer :D I had one for dinner and that was it.... I really gotta send you a bottle of Port wine... Oh gosh... Port wine... Now that's good stuff lol

kraftykash said...

Love the wine! Anything funny, easy to drink, and expensive are my favorites! Pat your boy on the back for those good grades. That is AWESOME!

kraftykash said...

hahaha! Whoops! I meant to say inexpensive

Shalet said...

Look at you with all those hats made already! Nice job!