Another goal I had concerning the making of this, was that other than the backing, I wasn't going to buy any new fabric for it. All the squares came from older clothes that I cut into, Freecycyle fabric, or leftover fabric that had been bought for other projects. You can't tell from the pictures, but if you were to look closely at the blanket, you'd notice that every row has a square of the adorable fabric that I massacred in last months pants making attempt.I was able to get a lot of squares from that disaster. The only thing I did spend money on was the cotton chenille back. But I got a really great deal on that from a gal who was closing her Etsy shop and had all her fabrics marked down.
I thought that the making of this would make me crazy and I'd vow never to do it again, but honestly, I loved it. I loved it so much I've already started working on one for a friend who is about to have a baby. And yes, I have enough squares of the china doll fabric for that blanket too.